Getting Fired

Frunas

Upsgrunt u make a very valid point and i couldn't disagree with you at all. But UPS is not a one man show. And in any other case or job if your employee doesnt show up to work wouldn't it also be a courtesy to call your employee and make sure everything is ok ?

although it might not be your intention to make me laugh, it does. You really aren't helping me in any way. You have no pity for me nor don't respect me and that's fine, i don't need either of the 2. You made it very clear that you have no intentions in helping me, and i get that. But please take your own advice and "Move on!!!" Unless u want to give me information that would be useful to me then I'm all ears.

Get better soon

Helping you? From what I have read you don't even want to help yourself. I don't need to repeat the reasons as they are all over this thread. UPS did not ask you to come to work for them. You filled out the application. As to your sense of humor your gonna need it as you have lost your job. As to respect... it is a two way street. How much respect did you show toward your fellow employees who had to cover for you and your attendance problems. How much respect did you have with your decision to not call your sup. What type of respect did you have toward UPS? Just remember having a job also requires responsibility.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree as well. I've worked hard all my life. I would never dream of not calling work if I couldn't make it. But I learned something else as well. I learned to forgive. I learned that people make mistakes and sometimes they can learn from those mistakes. I've made mistakes. And some have given me the opportunity to try again. It's so sad to see that there are so many that are incapable of doing the same thing. How judgemental ......................................

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hit a nerve with me as well, I just try to be as nice as possible in my responses. It was ingrained in me at an early age, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. So I just blend a little bit of nice with a good old fashion chewin out.
And a nice chewin out it was, LOL.

frunas, I suggest you call or visit your shop steward and discuss your options. You may very well get your job back and prove to be a worthwhile employee. You also may not get your job back and this is something you're going to have to deal with. What ever happens, you need to know in the future, communication is key in every part of your life.

Upsgrunt u make a very valid point and i couldn't disagree with you at all. But UPS is not a one man show. And in any other case or job if your employee doesnt show up to work wouldn't it also be a courtesy to call your employee and make sure everything is ok ?

NO!

P

pickup

Why would they call? They would have to assume your phone wasn't working or you weren't anywhere near a phone if you didn't call them. How about exercising courtesy on your part and give them a call?????????

P

pickup

Any way we could combine this thread with the other thread " Well....I had my local level hearing"? Seems they are very similar.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Upsgrunt u make a very valid point and i couldn't disagree with you at all. But UPS is not a one man show. And in any other case or job if your employee doesnt show up to work wouldn't it also be a courtesy to call your employee and make sure everything is ok ?[/QUOTE
Once again you think the world revolves around you. There are over 400,000 UPS employees, do you think they are supposed to call every one of them and see if there alright everytime they don't come to work. Lets say they did call Dick when he didn't show up one day, turns out he over slept and the phone call saved him from discipline. Now Joe does not show up a couple days later and the company does not call him and its a termination for attendance, Joe would have a pretty good case in a court of law that he was treated unfairly because he was not called the same as Dick was.

Everything YOU do has consequences, grow up and deal with it.

Frunas

yes i know what i have to do, and i know the consequences of my actions. And yes I do plan to change my work ethics if rehired.and if not, i do have many options to consider a fry cook being one of them lol. as most of you already know job hunting sucks. And a little forgiveness can go a long way

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I agree as well. I've worked hard all my life. I would never dream of not calling work if I couldn't make it. But I learned something else as well. I learned to forgive. I learned that people make mistakes and sometimes they can learn from those mistakes. I've made mistakes. And some have given me the opportunity to try again. It's so sad to see that there are so many that are incapable of doing the same thing. How judgemental ......................................

I can and will give a second chance to those that legitimately made a mistake, this person CHOSE, not once, not twice, not even three times, but five different days to do the wrong thing. How many more chances does he deserve?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
yes i know what i have to do, and i know the consequences of my actions. And yes I do plan to change my work ethics if rehired.and if not, i do have many options to consider a fry cook being one of them lol. as most of you already know job hunting sucks. And a little forgiveness can go a long way
Do you own a cell phone? If you do, I'd say you should look for another job. If not, there may be help for you.

SWORDFISH

This POSTER is hillarious. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!! By the way Im going on a world tour tommorow I will call UPS at some point at let them know where I am. I actaully have a super funny story related to that but I gotta go.:peaceful:

Frunas

i come on here to look for answers and I may be wrong but i think I've made some enemies. I'm soo sorry many of you feel this way about a total stranger.I don't know what else to say. And no i dont think everything revolves around me and yes there are over 400,000 employees in UPS , which is probably why there is so much micro managing going on.My part time sup manages maybe 10-12 people alot less than 400,000 dont u agree?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I can and will give a second chance to those that legitimately made a mistake, this person CHOSE, not once, not twice, not even three times, but five different days to do the wrong thing. How many more chances does he deserve?

I don't know...................................... I guess that is for each of us to figure out.

P

pickup

i come on here to look for answers and I may be wrong but i think I've made some enemies. I'm soo sorry many of you feel this way about a total stranger.I don't know what else to say. And no i dont think everything revolves around me and yes there are over 400,000 employees in UPS , which is probably why there is so much micro managing going on.My part time sup manages maybe 10-12 people alot less than 400,000 dont u agree?

Yes, I suppose I can agree that your part time sup manages 10 to 12 people. And how many people were you managing that night or the other four nights?