Getting sent home during qualification period?

Clch2019

I just recently got hired on as a delivery driver. I have 30 days supposedlyto qualify, and this week I've been sent home 2 days in a row. Is this fair or at all normal for new hires?

I just recently got hired on as a delivery driver. I have 30 days supposedlyto qualify, and this week I've been sent home 2 days in a row. Is this fair or at all normal for new hires?
Normal. UPS can't lay off a FT driver and allow you to work. Good news is the heavy vacation season is right around the corner. You will have to quit to get a day off.

542thruNthru

You have more then 30 days to qualify. Depending on your area you could have anywhere from 90-120.

You have to work 30 days in that amount of time though.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Did you give your supervisor the secret handshake when you first started? If not you will not be allowed to qualify, get with your union steward and he or she will give you the info they might laugh or play dumb but dont leave their sight until you learn the secret handshake for more hours.

Always do the air test before you leave, to verify the contents of the environment, grab a trash bag, face into the wind, capture as much as you can in the bag and deliver to your DS. He will then analyze it and account for fuel consumption for the next day saving the company money. By money I mean hundreds of thousands of nickel and dimes.

Clch2019

Thanks guys, I'm just trying to improve and get better I don't really see the need for all the sarcasm. But I'm not gonna argue about it because there's no point, just a simple question

542thruNthru

Thanks guys, I'm just trying to improve and get better I don't really see the need for all the sarcasm. But I'm not gonna argue about it because there's no point, just a simple question

Ask a fellow driver who the Shop Steward is. He/She will be able to answer all your questions better then anyone on here. That's the best advice anyone can really give you.

rod

Retired 22 years
This place is full of asshats who have nothing better to do with their time--even though they should be spending it with their families rather than on here.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It took me 85 total days to get my 30 days in. And I ran scratch every day from day 6 on. So hang in there and don't complain about it, enjoy the free time while you got it. Go drive your route