Getting through peak

DOK

I wanna read some of you old timers responses to this question; what do you do mentally different during peak?
I made book in January. Loaded last peak, so I know what it LOOKS like. I also worked on a cruise ship for a couple years which required 12+ hour days for months at a time with no days off. I know I'm gonna be fine, just want some advice. Do you slow way down to compensate for the extra work????

9.5 hours or under through peak, it’s company wide, you’ll be fine.

Nine5

Don't buy into all the hype about peak, it's just another day at work. Do it the same way you do it the rest of the year.
Exactly more stops tighter area the only thing that sucks is the late wraps....but it’s free $$ standing on the belt lol.

vvv

I wanna read some of you old timers responses to this question; what do you do mentally different during peak?
I made book in January. Loaded last peak, so I know what it LOOKS like. I also worked on a cruise ship for a couple years which required 12+ hour days for months at a time with no days off. I know I'm gonna be fine, just want some advice. Do you slow way down to compensate for the extra work????

I do absolutely NOTHING different. Names and numbers on the calendar do not dictate my work habits. You should work with the same safety and pace in mind every single day you punch in and take the wheel.