Give your new manager the "silent treatment"

I've only had 3 warning letters in 19 years. One was a 72 hour notice during the strike. But have given out many more. Some teamsters need to be baby sat more than my 4 kids ever have been...lol

New Englander

Actually it doesn't cover it. The fact that I wouldn't help them in their time of need doesn't make me a sociopath or a criminal. I'm simply returning the "favors" and "gestures" shown by them to me over the years.

Griff you really do act like a tool.

Griff

Whoa man relax. They're trying to make a living just like you are. :knockedout:

Not the people I've dealt with. They are there for much more than a living, they are there to take out their personal/mental problems on hourly employees. Wife beats them up verbally at home, so they come in and bad mouth drivers all day to make up for being a whipped coward at home. Mostly its just a tough guy thing, willing to go the extra mile to prove that they are tough in the workplace. Whole lot of insecure people in management where I come from and it leads to a dysfunctional work environment with all the oneupsmanship, psychological warfare, empty male posturing done by people who go to seminars to learn how to be an "alpha male". A lot of these internal problems could be avoided if UPS sent their management team to something useful -- like a seminar on the contract that they signed with the Teamsters.

overallowed

I have over 24 years in this company. Too much invested to walk away. They move sups around every 2 years or so. All I gotta do is wait it out. BTW, I don't hate all mgmt., it is a personality issue. I have less than 8 years left and I am outta here.

satellitedriver

Not the people I've dealt with. They are there for much more than a living, they are there to take out their personal/mental problems on hourly employees. Wife beats them up verbally at home, so they come in and bad mouth drivers all day to make up for being a whipped coward at home. Mostly its just a tough guy thing, willing to go the extra mile to prove that they are tough in the workplace. Whole lot of insecure people in management where I come from and it leads to a dysfunctional work environment with all the oneupsmanship, psychological warfare, empty male posturing done by people who go to seminars to learn how to be an "alpha male". A lot of these internal problems could be avoided if UPS sent their management team to something useful -- like a seminar on the contract that they signed with the Teamsters.
Man, ain't the Brown Cafe great.
We can just sit back, like Freud, and listen to people project their internal conflicts.
Griff, you speak more of your internal self, in this post, than you do about others.
Seek qualified counseling.

Griff

Man, ain't the Brown Cafe great.
We can just sit back, like Freud, and listen to people project their internal conflicts.
Griff, you speak more of your internal self, in this post, than you do about others.
Seek qualified counseling.

Yeah, I forgot you and lieguy opened up your own online psychology practice. I'm very comfortable in my own skin, so comfortable in fact that I actually realized at some point that I was born with a spine. It's a good feeling, I'm sorry that you'll never know what that feels like.

It's a shame you're in the middle of no where and have absolutely no clue about the real world. While you're out there driving 400 miles a day and dreaming of crossing picket lines some of us are actually experiencing real life at UPS.

New Englander

Yeah, I forgot you and lieguy opened up your own online psychology practice. I'm very comfortable in my own skin, so comfortable in fact that I actually realized at some point that I was born with a spine. It's a good feeling, I'm sorry that you'll never know what that feels like.

It's a shame you're in the middle of no where and have absolutely no clue about the real world. While you're out there driving 400 miles a day and dreaming of crossing picket lines some of us are actually experiencing real life at UPS.

The problem is Griff....I have a funny feeling most of us here don't really think you have a spine.
You work so hard here to come across as some sort of internet tough guy. It's totally unbelievable you act like this much of a donkey in person.

Anymore cool Batman lines to throw out here?:rofl:

Griff

The problem is Griff....I have a funny feeling most of us here don't really think you have a spine.
You work so hard here to come across as some sort of internet tough guy. It's totally unbelievable you act like this much of a donkey in person.

Anymore cool Batman lines to throw out here?:rofl:

How exactly am I acting tough? Am I challenging you to a sword duel infront of your building tomorrow morning? Am I talking about how much I bench press or how many 70+'ers I had today?

Two full paper boxes full of grievance paperwork dating back 7 years is the definition of a spine when it comes to this company. Who is the owner of these boxes, I'll give you a hint -- it's not you.

What have you done lately besides relentlessly stalk my posts with mindless banter? I'm starting to think you're just a troll username for a regular member. Your infatuation with me is rather worrying.

New Englander

How exactly am I acting tough? Am I challenging you to a sword duel infront of your building tomorrow morning? Am I talking about how much I bench press or how many 70+'ers I had today?

Two full paper boxes full of grievance paperwork dating back 7 years is the definition of a spine when it comes to this company. Who is the owner of these boxes, I'll give you a hint -- it's not you.

What have you done lately besides relentlessly stalk my posts with mindless banter? I'm starting to think you're just a troll username for a regular member. Your infatuation with me is rather worrying.

Nope....sorry I'm just another adoring fan of your garbage. Even if I was a troll, your smart enough to know you don't feed them, right?

If you can't honestly see how your trying to come off as an internet tough guy - you've got issues.

Griff,

When do you have time to work? Spending all that time finding every single error a supervisor might make, and all those trees you cut down. It is more spineless to grieve than it is to resolve something. It take a spine to fix an issue. Seems like all you do a lot of crying, and blaming of everyone else.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Two full paper boxes full of grievance paperwork dating back 7 years is the definition of a spine when it comes to this company.

Zero grievances in 19+ years. I guess that makes me an invertebrate.

(BTW, approx. $978,325 in gross earnings (not including benefits) during that timeframe, so they must be doing something right for their employees, or at least this employee.)

Griff

Zero grievances in 19+ years. I guess that makes me an invertebrate.

(BTW, approx. $978,325 in gross earnings (not including benefits) during that timeframe, so they must be doing something right for their employees, or at least this employee.)

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. I can spot someone who won't file a grievance a mile away. You and many posters here exhibit the hallmarks of being a dues paying nonmember of the union. It's funny how I'm stalked on this site by PT sups that turned FT driver because its the same story in real life. You guys all think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread, its really sad. Quite frankly I wish the union would get rid of the ratio all together, this union doesn't need anymore weaklings than it already has.

I'm used to dealing with this type of flawed and backwards logic at work, so it's really no shock to see it used here.

"Filing a grievance is spineless" - 1989

Quote of the century.

Griff,

When do you have time to work? Spending all that time finding every single error a supervisor might make, and all those trees you cut down. It is more spineless to grieve than it is to resolve something. It take a spine to fix an issue. Seems like all you do a lot of crying, and blaming of everyone else.[/quote]

Griff,

This is my quote, not what you wrote...Misquoting someone shows you like to scew the truth...There maybe some cases where you may have to file a grievance...Filing grievance after grievance never solves an issue...You seek to find the fault of others...Yet fail to see any fault you may have...You may have a napoleon complex...You think filing a grievance gives you an upper hand...Try being part of the solution, just once.

satellitedriver

I'll get back to you on this post of your's and others you have posted.
Since I have no clue about the "real world", I will just take a shower to wash off another 10hr day at UPS, (as I have done for 22yrs) in my debt free home.
I wish I had your wisdom on life and the real world.

As I stated, I will get back.
Kindest Regards,

Griff

This is my quote, not what you wrote...Misquoting someone shows you like to scew the truth...There maybe some cases where you may have to file a grievance...Filing grievance after grievance never solves an issue...You seek to find the fault of others...Yet fail to see any fault you may have...You may have a napoleon complex...You think filing a grievance gives you an upper hand...Try being part of the solution, just once.

Screw with the truth? You're the one playing with semantics here not me. Oh I see, it is "MORE spineless" to grieve than to resolve. Yaaaaa, that makes a lot of sense. The grievance procedure is there for a reason and I take full advantage of it because I'm not concerned or worried about retaliation. Filing a grievance does give me an upper hand, it's an important documentation of events. It shows you are exhausting the framework the union gives you to settle workplace problems. If you can't understand that, I'm surprised you even have a drivers license.

As for a napoleon complex, not quite, I'm 6'2" and quite comfortable with myself. You and many here just don't like hearing what you know to be true, its probably a horrible feeling when you come to the realization that you're a complete coward.

satellitedriver

I am back.
(no pun intended on the spine thing, well maybe.)
No therapy needed for you, Grifter.
All of us save old grievance forms to build a soap box to stand on.
Do you carry pictures of them in your wallet to impress family and friends?
Might you consider having them bronzed?
Display them on the walls of your home with pride.
This way future generations can gaze in wide wonder at how a spine is forged.
I do not know how many cereal box tops you had to send in to get your chiropractic license, but I can tell you it was a good waste of a stamp to send them in.
It is easy for most readers of your posts to realize that you do have a spine, without looking at an X-ray of your back.
It is obvious that your head bone is directly and firmly connected to your tail bone.
Kindest Regards,