Glenn Beck tearing it up in the ratings

brett636

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/glenn_becks_best_numbers_yet_130887.asp#disqus_thread

Glenn Beck's Best Numbers Yet

By Chris Ariens on Sep 11, 2009 05:42 PM
Nothing like a boycott to really hurt ratings.
Glenn Beck had his highest viewership ever Thursday averaging 3.34M Total Viewers. His was the second-highest rated program in Total Viewers in cable news behind The O'Reilly Factor's 3.61M.
And Beck was even bigger with the ad-friendly demo, putting up his second best numbers since the show premiered in January. In A25-54 viewers, Beck was #1 for the day, and remember, his show airs at 5pmET/2pmPT when viewers aren't in front of their TVs like they are at 8, 9 or 10pm. Although, last night many of those primetime viewers were siphoned off from all other channels, and instead watching the NFL's first regular season game on NBC which drew 17.75M Total Viewers.
— Total Viewers / A25-54 demo

Beck - 3,340,000 / 958K
• O'Reilly - 3,609,000 / 918K
• Hannity - 2,986,000 / 831K

It appears Beck's ratings are nearing that of O'Reilly in a time spot when he should be lucky to get half that. Maybe those advertisers pulling ads from his show did so way too prematurely as they could be benefiting from the huge audience Beck obviously pulls in everyday.

tieguy

Banned
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/glenn_becks_best_numbers_yet_130887.asp#disqus_thread

Glenn Beck's Best Numbers Yet

By Chris Ariens on Sep 11, 2009 05:42 PM
Nothing like a boycott to really hurt ratings.
Glenn Beck had his highest viewership ever Thursday averaging 3.34M Total Viewers. His was the second-highest rated program in Total Viewers in cable news behind The O'Reilly Factor's 3.61M.
And Beck was even bigger with the ad-friendly demo, putting up his second best numbers since the show premiered in January. In A25-54 viewers, Beck was #1 for the day, and remember, his show airs at 5pmET/2pmPT when viewers aren't in front of their TVs like they are at 8, 9 or 10pm. Although, last night many of those primetime viewers were siphoned off from all other channels, and instead watching the NFL's first regular season game on NBC which drew 17.75M Total Viewers.
— Total Viewers / A25-54 demo

Beck - 3,340,000 / 958K
• O'Reilly - 3,609,000 / 918K
• Hannity - 2,986,000 / 831K

It appears Beck's ratings are nearing that of O'Reilly in a time spot when he should be lucky to get half that. Maybe those advertisers pulling ads from his show did so way too prematurely as they could be benefiting from the huge audience Beck obviously pulls in everyday.

Obama and the liberals have spoken the words of unity while doing everything imaginable to polarize this country. Conservatives like limbaugh and Beck are benifiting.

knightablaze

Wouldn't it be the incessant lies and vitriol from the right that's been polarizing the States? At least according to the Canadians and British, it's the American conservatives causing so much shame.

Mostly I think it was the first commentor's post that really sums up the international view of the USA: "Glenn Beck (R) is the closest thing to a neo-Nazi that you'll ever find on national television. I am not surprised by his ratings. The simple fact is, there are millions of racists still left in America."

brett636

Wouldn't it be the incessant lies and vitriol from the right that's been polarizing the States? At least according to the Canadians and British, it's the American conservatives causing so much shame.

Mostly I think it was the first commentor's post that really sums up the international view of the USA: "Glenn Beck (R) is the closest thing to a neo-Nazi that you'll ever find on national television. I am not surprised by his ratings. The simple fact is, there are millions of racists still left in America."

I guess that lame argument will never get old. If you disagree with the President or a policy of the left you are automatically a racist. This is the only argument libs seem to have when it comes to defending Obama and the democatic congress's reckless spending and poor judgment on policies. It makes sense though, when you can't argue based on logic, facts, or the truth then you resort to arguments which have none of those three qualities in hopes it shuts up your opponent. We see through that poor excuse for an argument, and my guess is the left's inability to logically support their ideas is going to come back to bite them in the 2010 midterms. The President's plummeting approval rating is proving this to be true. I've said it before, the only two kinds of people left supporting the President are those who think they have something to gain from his administration, and those who are too blinded by the race card to care to look at what he is doing.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wouldn't it be the incessant lies and vitriol from the right that's been polarizing the States?.................The simple fact is, there are millions of racists still left in America."

You write some amusing stuff, knightablaze. Which party plays the race card all the time? Growing up in the South, I remember the Civil Rights Movement well. Alabama Governor George Wallace, Georgia Governor Lester Maddox, just too many to list. And look at all the ones today

diesel96

Fortunately, for Fox New's bottum line, there's no other competition coming from the right wing perspective to compete. They have a monopoly on that sadistic market :happy-very:. Inside the paranoia right wing imagination :2scared:, the conspriacy theory concludes all other mainstream media markets are moonbatty liberal media outlets and are off limits. I'll concede the MSNBC nightly line up counter balances the Fox news nightly make-up, but there are many viable options the mainstream public view there media cravens without flocking to one news source. And frankly, that one news source is an arm extension and a sponser of the Repulican Party and it's planned events. Of course, entertainers like Glen BecKKK benefit from earning a time slot with this network, but put another strong conservative host up against BecKKK on a competing Network and you will most certainly dilute his audience. Just to put things in perspective, entertainers like Oprah, Ellen, Tyra, and Racheal enjoy audiences, more than double the size of your cable heros....So enjoy your moment in the sun :beach:, but be careful, to much sun can spread to cancer....

As far as turning the racist argument around on libs and dem's, I'm not saying either side is innocent of racial overtones, but what does it show when 99% of the 9/12 conservative tea party participants are white....it's alot deeper than anti-gov't or anti-spending and taxation. While the left and center are all about inclusion, the right is having a genuinly hard time recruiting a melting pot representation of what this country stands for....Micheal Steele, RNC chairman and "a brother from another mother",from the words of Rodney King...."Can't we all just get along?"

brett636

Fortunately, for Fox New's bottum line, there's no other competition coming from the right wing perspective to compete. They have a monopoly on that sadistic market :happy-very:. Inside the paranoia right wing imagination :2scared:, the conspriacy theory concludes all other mainstream media markets are moonbatty liberal media outlets and are off limits. I'll concede the MSNBC nightly line up counter balances the Fox news nightly make-up, but there are many viable options the mainstream public view there media cravens without flocking to one news source. And frankly, that one news source is an arm extension and a sponser of the Repulican Party and it's planned events. Of course, entertainers like Glen BecKKK benefit from earning a time slot with this network, but put another strong conservative host up against BecKKK on a competing Network and you will most certainly dilute his audience. Just to put things in perspective, entertainers like Oprah, Ellen, Tyra, and Racheal enjoy audiences, more than double the size of your cable heros....So enjoy your moment in the sun :beach:, but be careful, to much sun can spread to cancer....

As far as turning the racist argument around on libs and dem's, I'm not saying either side is innocent of racial overtones, but what does it show when 99% of the 9/12 conservative tea party participants are white....it's alot deeper than anti-gov't or anti-spending and taxation. While the left and center are all about inclusion, the right is having a genuinly hard time recruiting a melting pot representation of what this country stands for....Micheal Steele, RNC chairman and "a brother from another mother",from the words of Rodney King...."Can't we all just get along?"

Typical, you turn this entire discussion into a racial issue. Read what I posted above. You cannot argue on facts, you cannot argue with logic, you cannot argue with the truth. You can only argue with the race card. Jesse Jackson would be proud.

racecard.jpg

BTW, did you want the competing shows ratings?

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,609,000
FOXNEWS BECK 3,340,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,986,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,522,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,362,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,040,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,573,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,164,000
CNN KING 965,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 882,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 734,000
CNN COOPER 691,000
racecard.jpg

diesel96

Typical, you turn this entire discussion into a racial issue. Read what I posted above. You cannot argue on facts, you cannot argue with logic, you cannot argue with the truth. You can only argue with the race card. Jesse Jackson would be proud.

I believe I just did argue with facts and logic, you just refuse to provide a counter-point.

I believe Knightablaze and your response to his post turned this into a racial issue first. So try not to miss-inform the public by blaming me as the racial facilatator and pass it along as fact. My racial imput was provided simply as a footnote response to Scratch and your broad brush accusation of the opposing parties racial overtones....

The bulk of my response to this thread was addressed to the issue at hand (Glen Beck's ratings), and went un-opposed. Please stay focused Brett, and maybe lose the dark and dreary avatar, it just seems to project an angry, bitter vib in your writings....

tieguy

Banned
I believe I just did argue with facts and logic, you just refuse to provide a counter-point.

I believe Knightablaze and your response to his post turned this into a racial issue first. So try not to miss-inform the public by blaming me as the racial facilatator and pass it along as fact. My racial imput was provided simply as a footnote response to Scratch and your broad brush accusation of the opposing parties racial overtones....

The bulk of my response to this thread was addressed to the issue at hand (Glen Beck's ratings), and went un-opposed. Please stay focused Brett, and maybe lose the dark and dreary avatar, it just seems to project an angry, bitter vib in your writings....

I must have missed it too. could you show us the part where you argued with facts and logic?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I prefer to watch Glenn Beck.
Oprah is on at the same time.

I am racist.

I'll get over it.

I live a stereotype life.

Why not be a racist?

tieguy

Banned
The problem is the politiclal debates are no fun any more. No logic from the left. they just roll over with their legs in the air and cry racist.:happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The problem is the politiclal debates are no fun any more. No logic from the left. they just roll over with their legs in the air and cry racist.:happy-very:

Thats their standard method of operation. If you disagree with them, they have to call you names. Very immature, shows a lack of intelligence. It was the Democrats that fought for segregation, sicked the dogs and turned the water hoses on Civil Rights protesters. How soon people forget.

diesel96

First off, it's senseless debating with conservatives who are still trying to pass off as FACT, that a million plus people showed up at the 9/12 tea party....yeah, real accurate facts and logic. You guys are off by, lets see, nine hundred thirty thousand people.....lmao

Worshipping a polarizing racial cry baby in Beckkk, who, on your polarizing (Fox) network professed that Pres Obama hates white people and then, conservatives have the go-nads to accuse the opposition of racial overtones....lmao

ups1990

It's the liberals, who bring up race into a conversation. When will those of color(like myself) realize the Democratic party keeps playing the race card in order for us to continue voting them in office.

We only need to see Obama's surrounding cast to see the racist view held by them. Rev. wright, Jones...

wkmac

I prefer to watch Glenn Beck.
Oprah is on at the same time.

I am racist.

I'll get over it.

I live a stereotype life.

Why not be a racist?

I'm a racist too but I like mine in straight lines over the roundy round stuff unless it involves dirt and a wing on top!

:wink2:

Is this heaven?

No! It's Eldora!

:happy-very: