Global supply chain by Amazon.

Scuba Steve

It doesn't matter, they didn't make any money.

Amazon doesn't either. What does UPS make money from? Guess what Amazon and the USPS are going after?

Could UPS be hedging on another dot com bust or a housing market bubble burst and financial crisis? Where competitors are leveraged and bleeding and UPS played it conservatively? Could UPS end up like peak 2013 where the system broke down because it played it too conservative?

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's ridiculous. She lives in a trailer breh.
image.jpeg

Overpaid Union Thug

Actually internally, our rating with Amazon is higher than any other shipper. This is based off Amazon's own ratings data. That's probably what ups was referring to when making that comment.

They don't care. Sooner or later they'll need to show a profit. Even if they have to dump UPS and FedEx.
They are public statements. What do you expect them to say?

I doubt ups would be too worried about how layoffs and such would look. Also I doubt there would be too many. It's not like internet shopping is only growing on Amazon.
Stock price is the most important metric at UPS. It's naive to think that losing a shipper that accounts for anywhere from a third to half of almost every package car in our fleet won't negatively affect that stock price. ORION must be the answer That's their long term planning. And that's scary.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They don't care. Sooner or later they'll need to show a profit. Even if they have to dump UPS and FedEx.

Stock price is the most important metric at UPS. It's naive to think that losing a shipper that accounts for anywhere from a third to half of almost every package car in our fleet won't negatively affect that stock price. ORION must be the answer That's their long term planning. And that's scary.
Amazon is a very small percentage of revenue and almost non existent amount of profit. Profit drives stock price. It won't affect it much.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Amazon is a very small percentage of revenue and almost non existent amount of profit. Profit drives stock price. It won't affect it much.
We are just a bunch of stupid drivers, one current stupid supervisor and one washed up retired something or other....what do any of us know ???