Global supply chain by Amazon.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Can't be any worse than flip flopped Romney...the country was doomed no matter who made it to the white house..
And to be honest I'm really scared of what's going to happen this election...I'm not going to be able to handle a trump vs. Hillary showdown...this should scare everybody

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We are just a bunch of stupid drivers, one current stupid supervisor and one washed up retired something or other....what do any of us know ???
idk-what-im-doing.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But Amazon makes up a huge percentage of volume and jobs. Walstreet WILL notice.
Wall Street does not care about jobs. If ups could make three times the profit with half the workforce Wall Street would reward them.

Turnover is enough at ups that there would be very few layoffs anyway. They just wouldn't fill open positions.

If they cared about jobs and volume we wouldn't of gotten hammered after last years peak.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wall Street does not care about jobs. If ups could make three times the profit with half the workforce Wall Street would reward them.

Turnover is enough at ups that there would be very few layoffs anyway. They just wouldn't fill open positions.
Everyone knows wall street doesn't care about jobs. But they recognize why layoffs occur. If layoffs are due to lost business they will react negativity. Especially when it's known that the company initiated the layoffs as a result of internal weaknesses. UPS has only maintained Amazon volume by offering them discounts that result in low profits. We can't compete with FedEx and the USPS at the rates we should be charging them. The weakness is apparent. If UPS was simply trimming fat to be more efficient then Walstreet would reward the stockholders.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Everyone knows wall street doesn't care about jobs. But they recognize why layoffs occur. If layoffs are due to lost business they will react negativity. Especially when it's known that the company initiated the layoffs as a result of internal weaknesses. UPS has only maintained Amazon volume by offering them discounts that result in low profits. We can't compete with FedEx and the USPS at the rates we should be charging them. The weakness is apparent. If UPS was simply trimming fat to be more efficient then Walstreet would reward the stockholders.
Ups isn't weak or hurting. Did you see the quarterly report?

Ups is doing very well

Overpaid Union Thug

It'll be more than fine on that.

Amazon is far from the do all and break all company you think. They're losing their place in retail by ignoring their core business.

They aren't Apple when it comes to cash on hand or value.
Which might take a slight hit for a quarter or two. That's it.
Wow. You guys are all over the place. I was talking about UPS STOCK PRICE. Not Amazon or Apple's. And how Walstreet tends to recognize the difference between when a company is laying off in masses to trim fat and when they have to lay off that many as a result of losing customers/business. I'm pointing this out because stock value is corporate's #1 concern. And I do agree that they have a long-term plan and strategy for losing Amazon. And it's likely nothing more than those very layoffs. Walstreet will recognize why.

The only way around that is for corporate to phase Amazon out before they phase us out. Because in Walstreet perception and timing is everything. Amazon's weakness could very well be projected onto UPS should UPS allow themselves to be phased out instead of the other way around.

The link below touches on what I'm saying.

http://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2013/layoffs-and-the-stock-market-c-hpq0123.aspx

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The only way around that is for corporate to phase Amazon out before they phase us out. Because in Walstreet perception and timing is everything. Amazon's weakness could very well be projected onto UPS should UPS allow themselves to be phased out instead of the other way around.
They're not going to announce Monday they're done with FedEx and UPS, it's going to happen over time. By the time they're done phasing us out they will announce it and the lost revenue will already be out there for everyone to see. It's not going to be some shock to Wall Street causing the stock to dive 25%