Global Warming Pseudoscience

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
no empires over extend and eventually destroy themselves. so americas big mistake was invading iraq. and you are destroying yourself with your likely record corruption, military spending, and police state / loss of civil liberties which is the empire turning in on itself.

i understand the countries signing onto anti global warming is a symbolic gesture but its better than nothing! its up to we the people to put fear into our govts to play their hand, this is how change works under this system.

i havent followed the covid thing too closely but some of the dictatorships have done a good job like china, thailand.

Every bit of information from official sources in China will always only show China in a favorable light. China does not fear its people in the least. Any Chinese citizen who says anything negative about the CCP is imprisoned or disappears. Your ideal democratic communism at work.

rickyb

Every bit of information from official sources in China will always only show China in a favorable light. China does not fear its people in the least. Any Chinese citizen who says anything negative about the CCP is imprisoned or disappears. Your ideal democratic communism at work.
dont they have lots of labour unrest?

im not saying its not a police state dictatorship, it probably is. but their growth and increase in wages trumps america by a long shot.

i referred to end corona virus website. many dictatorships have done badly. some have done good.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Every bit of information from official sources in China will always only show China in a favorable light.
China does not fear its people in the least.
Any Chinese citizen who says anything negative about the CCP is imprisoned or disappears. Your ideal democratic communism at work.
A lot of Chinese experts say that Chinese leaders fear an uprising by the Chinese.
Gordon Chang and Michael Pillsbury in particular.
That's why they make everything look rosy and like the Chinese are the best.

I think they don't fear individuals because they imprison or kill them.
I think they are extremely fearful of the masses.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
A lot of Chinese experts say that Chinese leaders fear an uprising by the Chinese.
That's why they make everything look rosy and like the Chinese are the best.

I think they don't fear individuals because they imprison or kill them.
I think they are extremely fearful of the masses.

Ok, maybe I didn't phrase it properly. They have the masses pretty well under control, which you only do if you fear them. They don't fear them in the way ricky is talking about, meaning they don't fear them in such a way as to give in to their demands.

oldngray

nowhere special
Ok, maybe I didn't phrase it properly. They have the masses pretty well under control, which you only do if you fear them. They don't fear them in the way ricky is talking about, meaning they don't fear them in such a way as to give in to their demands.
China isn't worried about anything the peasants will do. They have absolute control of everything in the country including media. They will allow small freedoms but crack down hard if anyone gets out of line.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Not Global Warning DISINFORMATION but another instance of livescience.com articles being misleading ... SMH
FACT: Remdesivar is prescribed to reduce the patient's time in the hospital.
All it takes in for Trump to tout or use a drug for the disinformation pundits to come out of the woodwork!
WHO announces Remdesivir is not effective for something it is not prescribed for.

Remdesivir has 'no meaningful impact' on COVID-19 survival, huge study finds

As of August, the drug has been authorized for use in all patients hospitalized with COVID-19, not only those on supplemental oxygen, The New York Times reported. Thousands of U.S. patients have received the treatment, including the president.

The antiviral drug remdesivir does not reduce deaths among COVID-19 patients, as compared with standard care, according to the results of a large, international trial.

But now, an enormous trial sponsored by the World Health Organization suggests that remdesivir
doesn't reduce the risk of patients dying from COVID-19 in the month following treatment. The study was posted Oct. 15 to the preprint database medRxiv and has not yet been peer-reviewed; it included more than 11,200 people from 30 countries, The Times reported.

Zman

oldngray

nowhere special
Not Global Warning DISINFORMATION but another instance of livescience.com articles being misleading ... SMH
FACT: Remdesivar is prescribed to reduce the patient's time in the hospital.
All it takes in for Trump to tout or use a drug for the disinformation pundits to come out of the woodwork!
WHO announces Remdesivir is not effective for something it is not prescribed for.

Remdesivir has 'no meaningful impact' on COVID-19 survival, huge study finds

As of August, the drug has been authorized for use in all patients hospitalized with COVID-19, not only those on supplemental oxygen, The New York Times reported. Thousands of U.S. patients have received the treatment, including the president.

The antiviral drug remdesivir does not reduce deaths among COVID-19 patients, as compared with standard care, according to the results of a large, international trial.

But now, an enormous trial sponsored by the World Health Organization suggests that remdesivir
doesn't reduce the risk of patients dying from COVID-19 in the month following treatment. The study was posted Oct. 15 to the preprint database medRxiv and has not yet been peer-reviewed; it included more than 11,200 people from 30 countries, The Times reported.

Zman

But other scientists said the design of the W.H.O.’s sprawling clinical trial, which collected data from hundreds of hospitals, meant the conclusions were not definitive.

Conducted in dozens of countries with various health care systems and inconsistent treatment protocols, the data are difficult to analyze and compare, said Dr. Peter Chin-Hong, an infectious disease expert at the University of California, San Francisco.
The findings, which were posted online on Thursday, have not yet been peer-reviewed or published in a scientific journal.

Typical NYT hit piece.

Anything Trump says is good has to be bad.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1602948560174.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Sort of like every bit of information from official sources in the Trump administration will always show Trump in favorable light.