It's Not Global Warming

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hmm, except solar minimums are known for greatly reduced sunspot activity. An indication that the Sun isn't putting out as much energy. Thus the colder temps.
I've never studied this...except for 25 years and at uni. The more I learn and learned, the more confusing the topic becomes. What is your point, though? I am not saying you are right or wrong, and to what degree. I am saying the OP is speculation and conjecture.

vantexan

I've never studied this...except for 25 years and at uni. The more I learn and learned, the more confusing the topic becomes. What is your point, though? I am not saying you are right or wrong, and to what degree. I am saying the OP is speculation and conjecture.
My point is we are having climate change put in our faces 24/7 by those who may have ulterior motives. And when everything is said and done it just may be periodic cycles of the Sun. But more importantly the Maunder Minimum caused crop failure and famine. With a much larger population we can't just dismiss this because it doesn't fit the narrative some want to influence the public.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Actually volcanoes are putting much more CO2 into the air than humans are. And are you familiar with ENSO years? Years where there aren't El Nino's and La Nina's are called ENSO years. Basically neutral. And guess what? Most Category 5 Blizzards occur in ENSO years. And have been occurring since records have been kept. The "Storm of the Century" in 1993? ENSO year. They were having harsh blizzards in the 1800's. No, it's not CO2 emissions climate change. It's natural cycles of the Sun, and we're entering the worst manifestation of those cycles, the Grand Solar Minimum. The Sun puts out less energy during this cycle. We're coming out of a Solar Maximum.
To clarify, ENSO is not a particular mode of the index, that is antiquated. ENSO is an index which represents basin-wide Eastern Pacific ocean temps.
1993 Superstorm occurred in a weak El Nino, but there was little signal here nor there. Basically El-nada.

0.4 0.1 -0.1 -0.2 -0.3 -0.1 0.1 0.3 (FMA) 0.5. 0.7 0.7 0.6

vantexan

To clarify, ENSO is not a particular mode of the index, that is antiquated. ENSO is an index which represents basin-wide Eastern Pacific ocean temps.
1993 Superstorm occurred in a weak El Nino, but there was little signal here nor there. Basically El-nada.

0.4 0.1 -0.1 -0.2 -0.3 -0.1 0.1 0.3 (FMA) 0.5. 0.7 0.7 0.6
The point being that climate change is blamed for everything extreme these days but there are many factors in why a storm is more intense than usual. Nothing that hasn't been seen before.

moreluck

golden ticket member
you sound Canadian...

watdaflock?

How long has NASA been around? If you actually examine the records and don't rely on NASA's creative accounting of previous data, you will see that the hottest years were in the 1930's. The hottest years in the past couple of decades haven't hit the same kind of temperatures that led to the dust bowl. Hope this helps.
The year 1934 was a very hot year in the United States, ranking sixth behind 2012, 2016, 2015, 2006, and 1998. However, global warming takes into account temperatures over the entire planet, including the oceans. The land area of the U.S. accounts for only 2% of Earth's total surface area. Despite the U.S. sweltering in 1934, that year was not especially hot over the rest of the planet. Globally, 1934 temperatures were actually cooler than average for the 20th century.

Hope this helps.

watdaflock?

Actually volcanoes are putting much more CO2 into the air than humans are. And are you familiar with ENSO years? Years where there aren't El Nino's and La Nina's are called ENSO years. Basically neutral. And guess what? Most Category 5 Blizzards occur in ENSO years. And have been occurring since records have been kept. The "Storm of the Century" in 1993? ENSO year. They were having harsh blizzards in the 1800's. No, it's not CO2 emissions climate change. It's natural cycles of the Sun, and we're entering the worst manifestation of those cycles, the Grand Solar Minimum. The Sun puts out less energy during this cycle. We're coming out of a Solar Maximum.
The solid Earth contains a huge quantity of carbon, far more than is present in the atmosphere or oceans. Some of this carbon is slowly released from the rocks in the form of carbon dioxide, through vents at volcanoes and hot springs. Volcanic emissions are a small but important part of the global carbon cycle. Published reviews of the scientific literature by Mörner and Etiope (2002) and Kerrick (2001) report a range of emission of 65 to 319 million tonnes of CO2 per year. Counter claims that volcanoes, especially submarine volcanoes, produce vastly greater amounts of CO2 than these estimates are not supported by any papers published by the scientists who study the subject.

The burning of fossil fuels and changes in land use results in the emission into the atmosphere of approximately 34 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide per year worldwide, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). The fossil fuels emissions numbers are about 100 times bigger than even the maximum estimated volcanic CO2 fluxes. Our understanding of volcanic discharges would have to be shown to be very mistaken before volcanic CO2 discharges could be considered anything but a bit player in contributing to the recent changes observed in the concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere.

Volcanoes can—and do—influence the global climate over time periods of a few years but this is achieved through the injection of sulfate aerosols into the high reaches of the atmosphere during the very large volcanic eruptions that occur sporadically each century.

Hope this helps.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What's going to happen to these people who are members of the climate change death cult when the apocalypse never happens?

Mass suicides hopefully.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The year 1934 was a very hot year in the United States, ranking sixth behind 2012, 2016, 2015, 2006, and 1998. However, global warming takes into account temperatures over the entire planet, including the oceans. The land area of the U.S. accounts for only 2% of Earth's total surface area. Despite the U.S. sweltering in 1934, that year was not especially hot over the rest of the planet. Globally, 1934 temperatures were actually cooler than average for the 20th century.

Hope this helps.

Copy and pasted straight from skeptical scientist, which is a site that posts opinion pieces about climate change. Even the name of the site is misleading. They only promote science community dogma. They do nothing to show any skepticism towards any scientific establishment, they only post misleading opinions in an attempt to discredit views of actual skeptical scientists.

globalT1934-small.png

globalT2016-small.png

These are images posted on the opinion piece you quoted. It sure makes it look like 2016 is much hotter than 1934. Look at the scale. It is labeled "temperature difference". Difference from what? You have to admit that's pretty misleading. Why would they need to present data in a misleading way if the data actually supported what they are pushing?

NASA-US-1999-2017.gif

This shows that NASA has altered the data. Climategate revealed emails between climate scientists in which they discussed changing data. Dig a little deeper into Google search results, you might eventually find something that will help you. I'm pretty sure this post won't.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Raw data...no pretty colored maps

Global Land Temperature Anomalies
Units: Degrees Celsius
Base Period: 1901-2000
Missing: -999
Year,Value
193401,-0.39
193403,-0.48
193404,-0.45