Global warming

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Clean coal energy is what should be studied more. We have hundreds and hundreds of years worth of coal reserves. Either that or nuclear

Coal can only be clean to a certain point. Coal isn't coming back, probably ever, because natural gas is cheaper and cleaner.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nuclear, yes. Coal, you’re a crazy person.

I think the Fukushima incident has put nuclear on hold for most of the world. The way TEPCO lied about it didn't help the image of the industry. It's still so toxic that workers can only go in for a few seconds at a time. Japan is vowing to clean it up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
sXue9LT.gif

Inhofe should change his last name to In-bred. What an idiot.

It will be fine

I think the Fukushima incident has put nuclear on hold for most of the world. The way TEPCO lied about it didn't help the image of the industry. It's still so toxic that workers can only go in for a few seconds at a time. Japan is vowing to clean it up.
Nuclear disasters get a lot of press but it’s arguable many of those issues would be addressed if we allowed more investment in nuclear tech. The costs and regulatory burdens of opening new nuclear plants limit investment in tech. When you factor in how unhealthy coal mining is and how damaging it is to the environment it is far more deadly than nuclear disasters, it’s just slower moving, so not as compelling.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
True on the birds. So, how about you? I know it's thread-crossing, but did God create a self-regulating Earth, as in we need not worry about what we do to the planet because God will take care of it?
God set the laws of the universe and nature a long time ago.
"While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease." -- Genesis 8:22
Things will pretty much continue like they always have until He destroys the earth.I don't think about it too much really.
We have a responsibility to care for what has been given to us and use it wisely.

vantexan

It'll happen someday. When all other resources are about used up it'll happen. No matter how much the Left is against it now the day will come when it's our only option. But a few hundred years yet.

rickyb

the guardian now putting CO2 ppm levels in their daily weather forecasts. were over 400 now, we need to get down below 350 or more. hopefully other news follows.