Global warming

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Computer generated map of last ice age. The ice (in white) began to melt only around 15,000 years ago.

Laurentide-Ice-Sheet1.jpg

wkmac

Just as a personal observation, we have a green house and we started a number of warm weather crops well over a month early this year. I've had over a dozen days now with temps over 90's for a 2 to 4 hour period inside the greenhouse and that normally doesn't happen till about now. My data logger beside me sez 15 days to be exact. Several days had to open up to actually drop the temperature inside as it was too warm. Our tomatoes are already well into flowering (Rutgers, Beefsteaks, Early Girls).

I'm even experimenting with corn in the greenhouse and so far so good although I still not convinced this will work. This past week we've had no sun so a little slow down from that as temps were also down.

Outside we have romain lettuce from last year that is coming back on it's own and we are already eating that along with some red leaf. Beans are about 3 weeks ahead of normal as is squash and cucumbers.

From a gardening standpoint, the weather the first 3 months has been unusually warm as opposed to what I'm use too experiencing. But this isn't the first early season I've seen either but it's not normal either.

MAKAVELI

Just as a personal observation, we have a green house and we started a number of warm weather crops well over a month early this year. I've had over a dozen days now with temps over 90's for a 2 to 4 hour period inside the greenhouse and that normally doesn't happen till about now. My data logger beside me sez 15 days to be exact. Several days had to open up to actually drop the temperature inside as it was too warm. Our tomatoes are already well into flowering (Rutgers, Beefsteaks, Early Girls).

I'm even experimenting with corn in the greenhouse and so far so good although I still not convinced this will work. This past week we've had no sun so a little slow down from that as temps were also down.

Outside we have romain lettuce from last year that is coming back on it's own and we are already eating that along with some red leaf. Beans are about 3 weeks ahead of normal as is squash and cucumbers.

From a gardening standpoint, the weather the first 3 months has been unusually warm as opposed to what I'm use too experiencing. But this isn't the first early season I've seen either but it's not normal either.
If you live in California you don't need a greenhouse. We didn't have a real winter and spring was in full force by late February. It's already looking and feeling like summer out here.

wkmac

Better bring your dinosaur in out of the cold. Record warmth isn't offset by a few outliers. Don't be so dumb.

Why don't you check yourself dude! The fact that in one spot you are having record warmth while in others snow and cold is the kind of proof scientists are claiming is proof of climate change.

Rod's giving you ammo and you shoot at him? What a maroon!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why don't you check yourself dude! The fact that in one spot you are having record warmth while in others snow and cold is the kind of proof scientists are claiming is proof of climate change.

Rod's giving you ammo and you shoot at him? What a maroon!

Rod swings from both sides of the plate. I took him at face value this time. Actually, I hear the Libertarian/Tea types citing that it snowed in the Denver area today, which to the logical person wouldn't be a big deal due to the altitude there. Nonetheless, they use it as "proof" there is no climate change.

Sorry, Rod.

BrownArmy

"The globally averaged temperature over land and ocean surfaces for 2014 was the highest among all years since record keeping began in 1880. The December combined global land and ocean average surface temperature was also the highest on record..."

LINK.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
"The globally averaged temperature over land and ocean surfaces for 2014 was the highest among all years since record keeping began in 1880. The December combined global land and ocean average surface temperature was also the highest on record..."

LINK.
135 years of data on a planet billions of years old. I'm sure the measuring in 1880 was just as accurate as today, especially over the oceans.