Gm still is Government Motors

Lue C Fur

Evil member
As Obama fixes Bush's mess more people will vote Democrat, that is your fear. You can try to twist my words all you want because the truth hurts, but the fact is the economy is improving and its a direct result of good leadership.

Ummmm...ahhhhh...ummmmm...ahhhhhh...LMAO!!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Ford quality went up and GM (aka govt. motors) went down. Once the govt gets its hands on something it goes to crap!!!

Good job Ford!!!! Thanks for not taking our tax dollars!!!

JDPowerDetroit3Results2010v2009.jpg

JDPowerDetail2010v2009.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Your biggest shortfall is your only capable of thinking short-term. GM will need another bailout in the future. It may be 10+ years from now, but its going to happen just like how Chrysler received its 2nd bailout. Their pension funds are way underfunded, and now they have little incentive to produce higher quality cars because they know uncle sam has their back. When you remove the fear of failure from a private company that company has no reason to try as hard as its competitors to compete. Sort of like giving a drunk a drink, it does little to help them in the long run.
So...how long 'til the teamsters need their bailout money?

brett636

Didn't Chrysler also take a big chunk of bailout money?

Also notice despite the improvement they are still below the industry average. You can spend all day polishing a turd, but at the end of the day you have exactly what you began with.

klein

Für Meno :)
To be honest, don't care if you dislike GM. They just opened up a brand new plant here, hired about 3000 new workers. And thats what counts for me.
Jobs for the people !!!!

And yes, Canada's and Ontarios tax payers bail out here, too.
Even though they didn't need it. They didn't declare BK here at all.
But Obama put the pressure on us. - Either we pay our fair share, or GM will move south.

No big deal.

To be honest, don't care if you dislike GM. They just opened up a brand new plant here, hired about 3000 new workers. And thats what counts for me.
Jobs for the people !!!!

Much like a tornado touching down nearby,that probably caused a bit of panic for you didn`t it?