go FT or stay TCD?

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Ya it sounds like you will still have work if you want it. In theory they probably would like to get rid of the air drivers but not sure if they will ever be able to.

Ya it sounds like you will still have work if you want it. In theory they probably would like to get rid of the air drivers but not sure if they will ever be able to.
In my building, UPS have gotten rid of all the AM air drivers in the past. It was a disaster until they brought them back. Half the year they hold them at only 8 hours(Art 22.3) and the other half they are loaded up with ground and working 10 or more hours a day. With all the commit times I do not think UPS can eliminate all air driver jobs.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I used to make over $60k as a TCD in the middle if the pack seniority wise. It was 85% of top rate and most every day worked was close to 11 hours since we were always made to help other drivers.

You need to factor in if any cover drivers ahead of you are going full-time. If they are you will move up and get more work. The downside is if too many move up drivers below you could qualify and move ahead of you on the list.

I had quite a few drivers below me on the TCD list who could never get their days in to qualify. I took every route offered and never gave anyone the opportunity to pass me on the cover list.

Savvy412

We need to get Amazon in the teamsters . Just think about how much money that would bring in . Over 200k employees

JL 0513

With a stock price of $906 per share I hardly doubt that would be the case.

Profit and profit margins is the true indicater. Amazon runs a 1-2% profit margin. What do you think would happen if they unionized and needed to pay far more and provide full benefits packages?

Market value and stock prices are often phony. Look at this week's headline of Tesla now surpassing Ford in market value, LOL. Does anyone really think that Tesla that makes no money and barely sells any cars is really worth more than Ford that sells millions of vehicles and makes billions in profit?