Godspeed

Mutineer

If UPS goes on strike, it will be VERY interesting to see what kinda' spin the news media narrative will be THIS time.

Will it be something like: hard workin' 'muricans fighting for worker's rights n protectin' their jerbs.

Or will it be more the opposite: children and grannies dying cuz y'all are terrible people.

I'm guessing the current regime and media won't have your backs, and how they spin it will determine the outcome.

PT Car Washer

If UPS goes on strike, it will be VERY interesting to see what kinda' spin the news media narrative will be THIS time.

Will it be something like: hard workin' 'muricans fighting for worker's rights n protectin' their jerbs.

Or will it be more the opposite: children and grannies dying cuz y'all are terrible people.

I'm guessing the current regime and media won't have your backs, and how they spin it will determine the outcome.
I think we will be a lot better off having a pro Labor President in office rather then a New York City Real-estate developer.

Mutineer

The railroad Union, while not getting everything they wanted, did pretty good.

Okay.

But a small package disruption will have an immediate logjam, and will be felt instantly by everybody who orders anything online.

Lotsa' angry people of ALL political leanings who have become accustomed to immediate gratification will be screeching bloody murder.

Only one of two parties will be scapegoated:

Will the blame be put on the overpaid lazy drivers, or the evil capitalist company?

PT Car Washer

Okay.

But a small package disruption will have an immediate logjam, and will be felt instantly by everybody who orders anything online.

Lotsa' angry people of ALL political leanings who have become accustomed to immediate gratification will be screeching bloody murder.

Only one of two parties will be scapegoated:

Will the blame be put on the overpaid lazy drivers, or the evil capitalist company?
In 1997 the workers had overwhelming support from the public. I seldom hear anyone refer to UPS Union members as lazy or overpaid. Most people say "you guys earn your money."

Mutineer

In 1997 the workers had overwhelming support from the public. I seldom hear anyone refer to UPS Union members as lazy or overpaid. Most people say "you guys earn your money."

Alot has changed since '97.

Whatever the outcome, it will be very interesting to see.

One workday during a peak season I was visibly worn down and dragging my ass a bit. A woman I had just delivered to said in a very condescending tone something like: "awww does your right foot get tired from moving the gas pedal all day?"

Most people (until they learn the hard way) think being a box-donkey can't be physically draining or labor intensive at all.

Thebrownblob

Alot has changed since '97.

Whatever the outcome, it will be very interesting to see.

One workday during a peak season I was visibly worn down and dragging my ass a bit. A woman I had just delivered to said in a very condescending tone something like: "awww does your right foot get tired from moving the gas pedal all day?"

Most people (until they learn the hard way) think being a box-donkey can't be physically draining or labor intensive at all.
You should’ve asked her does her right arm, get tired from stuffing her face and giving her a fat ass? 😂

Mutineer

You should’ve asked her does her right arm, get tired from stuffing her face and giving her a fat ass? 😂

She was quite attractive in a nice neighborhood. Clueless soccer-mom. Was long enough ago that by now her cooch is all blown out like a party favor whistle, and her tits are in her navel.

With any karma, she's pushing a shopping cart full of recyclables and muttering to herself: "why can't I find a nice rich man anymore?"