Going Back

massbrown

I have been out on workers compensation for 26 months. I should be returning next month. What has changed in the last 26 months? Or am I going bqack to the same old job?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I have been out on workers compensation for 26 months.

TWO YEARS?!!!? Jeeeeeeeezzzzzz. And you actually WANT to go back, much more UPS will take you back considering how severe that injury must have been? I thought they bought you out after a certain point. :::Shrugs:::. I've hit the alcohol tonight and I'm not exactly at my best to begin with now.

As far as change, expect it to be overwhelming. I left UPS in December 2004 and returned a little over two years later. I was STUNNED. I couldn't believe it was the same company. If you haven't already looked for other employment, I suggest you start. It will NOT be the same company you were injured while working for two years ago. -Rocky

rod

Retired 22 years
I have a friend that after his 2nd back operation was off for 4 years. He had a fairly easy rural route (about 45 stops and 250-300 miles a day) so he came back and worked until he got his 30 in. He retired this year and is doing fine.

dillweed

Wow, best of luck to you going back - It's tough to return to the grueling work of UPS after a seriouis injury and time off.

Your center may have gone to the PAS (preload assist system , I think). Stickers are put on every package telling the preloader where to put them in the pkg car. Instead of having the exact same load every day it may change according to volume and number of stops.

If you're not familiar with it you may be a bit baffled with the change. I'm not a driver so don't know how it really affects a driver's day. Maybe some drivers can offer something on that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rocky is right--you will not recognize the place when you go back for your first day. Everything has changed. Numbers are all that matters. Customer service has taken a back burner. PAS/EDD defines every part of the delivery area. I think that you are in for quite a shock.