Going in for the KILL???

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
WOW, our sups were excited this morning............. one of our drivers got back a shipper that quit a year ago. It will more than double our outbound volume. Guess they can't buddy* at us anymore.

Nah, what was I thinking. Now they will expect all of us to do the same thing. LOL

S

speeddemon

I work 10 hours a day, and never get to see my kids. They can hire some account execs back if they want sales leads. I dont have time.

Right on Speeddemom! I have averaged clocking out @ 20:45 all week, finish business deliveries around 16:45 with 15 minutes of meal time taken. When do I have the time to talk to anyone about sales leads?

rocket man

They have to work to. competition is good. IF they are going for ther kill go for fedx ground. dhl guys will hold a door say hello.

705red

Browncafe Steward
How are we as drivers suppose to know the outcome of a slaes lead. As in my first reply to this thread i spoke of how i was getting screwed out of my lead. Well in a conversation that i had with a sup i will now get credit for this account. two months after the fact, i wonder if this site had anything to do with it?

Now i have turned in several other leads that i could have closed but were told they were not sold, so today im on upsers.com and i see this one. I removed phone numbers and names.

Control Number: 3578646 Activity: Phone call - Lead Not Sold - Negotiations - Related concernsContact Name: ***********Contact Title: Ship ManagerContact Phone: **********Date: 02/08/2008 1:44:18 PMContacted By: **********Comments: 3.@12:43. Spoke to ******who stated that they just moved a week ago and now is not the best time for them to discuss shipping. She stated that maybein a few wks it would be better. Lead not sold.Please resubmit lead in a month. Activity: Phone call - call back different contactContact Name:****Contact Title: Ship ManagerContact Phone: *****Date: 02/07/2008 5:22:03 PMContacted By:**********Next Contact Date: 02/08/2008Comments: 2.@16:20. Spoke to contact who stated that I needto speak to******regarding shipping. Next contact date will be on 02/08. Activity: Phone call - no answerContact Name:*****Contact Title: Ship ManagerContact Phone: ******Date: 02/06/2008 7:09:34 PMContacted By: **********Next Contact Date: 02/07/2008Comments: 1.@18:09. No answer. Next contact date will be on 02/07. Activity: Assignment made - Assigned Person ChangedDate: 02/05/2008 10:13:44 AMWorked on By: ********Assigned Person: **********Business Unit: US INSIDE SALES Activity: Assignment made - Business Unit ChangedDate: 02/04/2008 2:10:27 PMWorked on By:*********Business Unit: US INSIDE SALES

Now if i would have known this i would have re-submitted this lead in a month, so now ups has lost this revenue because of a lack luster sales force!imho

With all of these lay off talks i suggest you lay off the people that handled this sales lead, because if they screwed this one up how much other business have we lost? I left the sales lead number on it so you can investigate for yourself, i have nothing to hide. Why should my fellow brothers and sisters who bust their rear end everyday get layed off when others just take their job here for granted.

Last edited:

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
I'm sick of sales lead talk. They cut our throats at every turn then beg us to sell their services. I'll grow the business when they grow a brain stem.