Going PT Supervisor

pkg handler

i guess im just thankful that i work in a laid back environment. My friend/ter supe is cool as hell and the 3 of us can run the operation with our eyes closed . Everything just real relaxed .. order food .. joke around ..etc etc ..one of the reasons we may be able to do all this is because how effiecently we do our jobs day in and out

upsgrunt

i guess im just thankful that i work in a laid back environment. My friend/ter supe is cool as hell and the 3 of us can run the operation with our eyes closed . Everything just real relaxed .. order food .. joke around ..etc etc ..one of the reasons we may be able to do all this is because how effiecently we do our jobs day in and out

Why not give some credit to the people who DO the work you supervise?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And that is what makes a hard job fun. And good for you. I had the same most of the time when I was a pt sup. But when you dont it is scary. Especially if you need your job, and someone for some reason comes along that doesnt like you...............then it is all different.

pkg handler

And that is what makes a hard job fun. And good for you. I had the same most of the time when I was a pt sup. But when you dont it is scary. Especially if you need your job, and someone for some reason comes along that doesnt like you...............then it is all different.

very true .. it may become reality soon for me .. Word around is that they may send our friend/ter to a different part of the building thats slacking to shape it up and replace him with another friend/ter.. that would certainly kill morale and chemistry for sure

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
very true .. it may become reality soon for me .. Word around is that they may send our friend/ter to a different part of the building thats slacking to shape it up and replace him with another friend/ter.. that would certainly kill morale and chemistry for sure
Well he will be new and you will have experience. I have also found when you know as much or more, you are treated well. Unless they are high on themselves. Just make sure you get the credit for what you do, and know. But dont make yourself irreplaceable *sp* or you will never move on. You will be the crutch for the ftimers they send in. Dont mean to sound like a know it all. But I do know it all.:smart:

pkg handler

Well he will be new and you will have experience. I have also found when you know as much or more, you are treated well. Unless they are high on themselves. Just make sure you get the credit for what you do, and know. But dont make yourself irreplaceable *sp* or you will never move on. You will be the crutch for the ftimers they send in. Dont mean to sound like a know it all. But I do know it all.:smart:
im thankful for the advice I haven't been here in a enough time by a longshot . Most likely it would be another friend/ter from a different part of the building .. but the 4 of us have a commodorie .. I mean we are basically let alone to run our designated boxlines with little to no interference from him because were are on target and planned hours and wrapped 98 % percent of the time .. over 2 times last 2 months ..so we do pretty well .. but most if has to be contributed to a good workforce we have also

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If you can get the opportunity to go full-time management, take it only if you are unfulfilled in your current position. There are plenty of good people in management, unfortunatly the worse ones get the publicity on this site.
It would become a valuable addition to your resume, and from my point of view, EVERY FT sup that left the company has had good luck in getting a job that they enjoy after they left UPS. I'm sure having this job helped in their job search.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is excellent on your resume. Just dont stay pt forever, if they do not let you move up. Your degree gets old, and so do you.

mthbstr8

If you have an offer to go mgt and you have a desire, then you should give it a try. With only a few months senority what do you have to loose? Any decision has its pros and cons. And mgt who started in ops get WAY more preference than mgt who didn't.

drewed

Shankman
If you have an offer to go mgt and you have a desire, then you should give it a try. With only a few months senority what do you have to loose? Any decision has its pros and cons. And mgt who started in ops get WAY more preference than mgt who didn't.

except for the current CEO of course:funny:

chester farmer

Congratulations! You can be fired!
wow welcome to the real world. Where you have to do well to succeed not just show up with a heart beat and senoirity. Granted there is good union guys on my belt. But most of them wont say what you just said. Your only motivation to work hard and do your job is to retain it if you have no conscience and since we have taken the latter away and most dont have the former you can see why production is so poor.

LiL"Comet"

:its_all_good:

Sort-of the same in my operation, I am the friend/t sup over local sort i have 5 p/t sups under me. We have a good time and do very well we are always on top we make our #'s (not by pushing everyone around but by using respect to employees). We work and play being a female friend/t sup i have had to prove myself since the day I started at ups in 99 i sometimes are pushed probably a little harder but that's ok i can take what ever is dished out.:peaceful: As far as the pay its sal. you work for the money i can say there's no over=time pay what so ever. Good Luck to you!!! No matter what you do its what u make of it. If your down on it, You ain't up on it.

pkg handler

well Mondays check should look well as I have clocked in around 5 hrs of overtime these past 2 weeks ... 30 and 30 each week instead of standard 27.5... been covering for the friend/t sup on vacay ( really just coming in a half hr earlier each day )

atatbl

well Mondays check should look well as I have clocked in around 5 hrs of overtime these past 2 weeks ... 30 and 30 each week instead of standard 27.5... been covering for the friend/t sup on vacay ( really just coming in a half hr earlier each day )

I hate to burst your bubble..... but.... the higher rated pay will take at least one more check before it shows up. Secondly, when you hit that 1.1 pay ratio, it is taxed higher. As high as if you were making 1.5. A simple example would be working 27.8 hours in a week. You will actually lose a couple buck in the end. But with 2.5 hours extra, you may see about $20 more than usual. Maybe a little more. Let me know via PM if this ends up not being the case.

Hedley_Lamarr

I've been working as a service provider since October and have been approached three times about becoming a supervisor. And have said all three times NO FRIGGEN WAY!

Shady Tree at UPS

Most of you know my opinions on Mgmt.They are without further speculation or debate the bottom of the barrel the worst of the worst, backstabbing, goat ropper's, ankle grabbin, the old guy that like's little kids a little to much off "Family Guy", and im sure there"s a lot im leaving out but i think i've made my point!
Seriously i've had the "best of the best" and the "worst of the worst". This is the point that stuns and boggles my mind the great one's I have without a doubt gave all i had to give and that little bit extra and in doing this i've seen 2 of my p/ter's promoted to friend/t. Those guys are still great friends and pass a few favors my way (extra time). Now to the bad i and my staff lay down on them dont respond and watch there employment slip out of there hands. Mgmt. here is a hint listen to these other posts not so much mine im crazytree c'mon. Be honest..be real...and care just a little bit and it will pay greatly to you in the end game. Be a lil' Hitler and you will fail!
Best quote a manager ever said " I know thats what the contract language states and how the union and ups have always done business " but " With all due respect its not how I do buisness "
~ Quote by a friend/T Sup that will never go any higher ~

pkg handler

I hate to burst your bubble..... but.... the higher rated pay will take at least one more check before it shows up. Secondly, when you hit that 1.1 pay ratio, it is taxed higher. As high as if you were making 1.5. A simple example would be working 27.8 hours in a week. You will actually lose a couple buck in the end. But with 2.5 hours extra, you may see about $20 more than usual. Maybe a little more. Let me know via PM if this ends up not being the case.
yea all the big o.t came this week but i still get atleast some every paycheck ( >1hr ) so it usually comes out to 25.00 more ..but we shall see ..funny thing is i got a check for 3.14 on friday thats right 3 dollars and 14 cents ..why i have no idea ..ill have to address hr about it ..and my check for the 25th doesnt show on upsers also .. it usually does the day before