Going PT Supervisor

pkg handler

Most of you know my opinions on Mgmt.They are without further speculation or debate the bottom of the barrel the worst of the worst, backstabbing, goat ropper's, ankle grabbin, the old guy that like's little kids a little to much off "Family Guy", and im sure there"s a lot im leaving out but i think i've made my point!
Seriously i've had the "best of the best" and the "worst of the worst". This is the point that stuns and boggles my mind the great one's I have without a doubt gave all i had to give and that little bit extra and in doing this i've seen 2 of my p/ter's promoted to friend/t. Those guys are still great friends and pass a few favors my way (extra time). Now to the bad i and my staff lay down on them dont respond and watch there employment slip out of there hands. Mgmt. here is a hint listen to these other posts not so much mine im crazytree c'mon. Be honest..be real...and care just a little bit and it will pay greatly to you in the end game. Be a lil' Hitler and you will fail!
Best quote a manager ever said " I know thats what the contract language states and how the union and ups have always done business " but " With all due respect its not how I do buisness "
~ Quote by a friend/T Sup that will never go any higher ~

nice post .. I have only been at ups for 9 months and a supe for 2.5 so i am in now way even have the slightest knowledge you guys with more exp. have buti think of myself as a " good " supe . friendly but firm will always mix it up with my loaders give them rewards for doing above and beyond their job or jost as an appreciation of them ( bring in food , ups shirts , etc etc )

I miss the 12 hour days as a pt supe. Double and tripple shifting then an afternoon conference call to wrap up the day.

Shady Tree at UPS

I truely dont understand it? If im late all the time or call-in or service is horrble i expect sup to be all up in my kool-aid but if im none of the above leave me be... right???

pkg handler

I miss the 12 hour days as a pt supe. Double and tripple shifting then an afternoon conference call to wrap up the day.
wow i havent seen anything like that the most i seen was when one of the p/t supes would come in at 2-930 am to cover for the friend/t er...

tommorrow should be good with friend/ter on vacay and our front half supe ( 11:30 - 4:00 ) on vacay for monday ... employee anarchy ..lol

atatbl

yea all the big o.t came this week but i still get atleast some every paycheck ( >1hr ) so it usually comes out to 25.00 more ..but we shall see ..funny thing is i got a check for 3.14 on friday thats right 3 dollars and 14 cents ..why i have no idea ..ill have to address hr about it ..and my check for the 25th doesnt show on upsers also .. it usually does the day before

You get paid on the 15th and the 26th. It will show on upsers tomorrow (early morning). You thought you got paid on the 25th because the 26th has fallen on a weekend quite often lately and you were getting paid on the friday before it.

pkg handler

I truly don't understand it? If im late all the time or call-in or service is horrible i expect sup to be all up in my kool-aid but if im none of the above leave me be... right???
it depends everybody's personality is different and some ppl deal with stress different .. last week we avg. about 4 ppl not show up due to ( no call / no show, days off , planned vacay ) i was loading everyday Theres no need for me to get mad and take it out on the ppl that show up everyday and give their all. I take it in stride and them cars left everyday same time as always ..

pkg handler

You get paid on the 15th and the 26th. It will show on upsers tomorrow (early morning). You thought you got paid on the 25th because the 26th has fallen on a weekend quite often lately and you were getting paid on the friday before it.

you are right .. lol silly mistake on my part .. I meant to ask you if you post anywhere else .. the way you post and some pics you posted leads me to believe you do on some other certain sites...

atatbl

you are right .. lol silly mistake on my part .. I meant to ask you if you post anywhere else .. the way you post and some pics you posted leads me to believe you do on some other certain sites...

A lot of people make the mistake you did. Yeah, I do. Later I'll PM you some of fun ones I go to, if you do the same in return.