Going to Atlanta this coming weekend: need travel advice

tourists24

I am heading down this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the Braves-Red Sox series. I have a couple of questions for anyone living in that area (Hoax, Scratch, etc).

Game time Friday at 7pm. How long should it take me to get around the Atlanta area in order to make game time? Also, we are staying at the Comfort Inn (Highlands Parkway) in Smyrna. Is this a good part of town to be staying? It is 6 miles from the ball park but Im more concerned about safety first. Thanks in advance

P

pickup

I am heading down this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the Braves-Red Sox series. I have a couple of questions for anyone living in that area (Hoax, Scratch, etc).

Game time Friday at 7pm. How long should it take me to get around the Atlanta area in order to make game time? Also, we are staying at the Comfort Inn (Highlands Parkway) in Smyrna. Is this a good part of town to be staying? It is 6 miles from the ball park but Im more concerned about safety first. Thanks in advance

If that hotel looks like a prison that is designed to keep people out, chances are you are in a bad neighborhood.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
:happy-very:

As far as friday goes Try to get there before 4:30 ish..after that rush hour will be a pain in the ***...trust me on that lol

tourists24

well we survived the weekend in Atlanta. Hoax, you were right about that end of town in general, but where the hotel was turned out to be a decent place.

How in the world do you guys do it in Atlanta?.... the whole traffic thing and MARTA and downtown.... yikes

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How in the world do you guys do it in Atlanta?.... the whole traffic thing and MARTA and downtown.... yikes

I avoid stopping inside of I-285. Its best to just drive around Atlanta altogether. The worst part is the top side, I-75, Hwy 400,and Spaghetti Junction at I-85 near the P'Dale Hub. Especially during rush hour traffic. I live on the West side and work below the South side, its not as bad.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
well we survived the weekend in Atlanta. Hoax, you were right about that end of town in general, but where the hotel was turned out to be a decent place.

I don't go ITP unless absolutely necessary.

ITP = Inside The Perimeter

tourists24

Friday night was especially fun.... the ball game ended about 11pm and we got back to the H E Holmes MARTA station about midnight... nothing like traveling inside Atlanta on a Friday night.