Going to panel

JustDeliverIt

Agreed, new boards and program are garbage, mistakes are easy to make. Does anyone know to record a stop that has 2 packages, one of them being an sig req and the other can be dr’d, and the person not being home resulting in a not in 1 for the sig req pkg? Our center team doesn’t know how to and says to record them separately, which leads to 2 stops for the same address since there’s no duplicate stop option.

OP go down swinging so to speak, take it to panel, it can go either way. Very political on panel day depending on the cases heard that day. Good luck.

You can also do it in one stop. Scan all non signature packages leave sig required one(s) on the list at top. If they are home, tap to add to list and sign. If not, slide tracking number left, tap non deliver. It will then prompt for an info notice and ask delivery decision for packages you’ve left. Was playing around one day and figured this one out.

qdg2

Well Guys I didn't get my job back. And it's my choice to Resign or go to the panel. They said I've been Padding stops. They went back 10 days and found about 15 stops that they claimed I padded. And the union said it's going to be very difficult to get my job back. So, I thought they couldn't fire you from Technology? Well, they just did! You guys may not believe me, but I did not pad any stops. I feel they set me up. I'm meeting up tomorrow with my BA so we can go over all the stops they said I padded. I did see 4 stops today and they were business suits. Example 3441 Causeway blvd is had a bunch of suits a b c d etc.. If all get one pkg that's 4 different stops and that's how I delivered them. But they are saying I padded residence. Example 123 Devon st. if they had 2 boxes. I would get 2 stops out of that one stop. I don't know If I should go to panel or just resign.
You say you didn't pad stops. End of story. The truth will prevail....right? Go to the panel. Explain why you did what you did. It should match with existing practices and procedures. Your BA will know these practices and procedures....right?

oldngray

nowhere special
You say you didn't pad stops. End of story. The truth will prevail....right? Go to the panel. Explain why you did what you did. It should match with existing practices and procedures. Your BA will know these practices and procedures....right?
Padding stops is more of an issue in bonus centers where it could be seen as stealing money. A lot less scrutiny about it in non bonus centers.

Next Day Error

X - Other
As far as the commercial stops go, I assume you're putting in a "Room" number or letter for each suite within the same building?

I definitely think they're picking on you. It happens. I'm being targeted right now as well. DO NOT resign.

qdg2

Padding stops is more of an issue in bonus centers where it could be seen as stealing money. A lot less scrutiny about it in non bonus centers.
Ok.

I believe this: padding stops is dishonesty. Period. I don't believe this is intellectually arguable.

He did or did not. Now, he did knowingly or perhaps not knowingly(possible).......but then, he IS a 23 veteran.

You know the rest.

Interesting how he became the object of their scrutiny. Did the software hi-lite the same add stops? Probably so. Pretty simple forward.....

Thebrownblob

Ok.

I believe this: padding stops is dishonesty. Period. I don't believe this is intellectually arguable.

He did or did not. Now, he did knowingly or perhaps not knowingly(possible).......but then, he IS a 23 veteran.

You know the rest.

Interesting how he became the object of their scrutiny. Did the software hi-lite the same add stops? Probably so. Pretty simple forward.....
23 year driver here as well, didn’t even know there was a duplicate option in the new diad. No training at all and I am in every disciplinary meeting. Never a word said to anybody.

dogs.bite.me

Agreed, new boards and program are garbage, mistakes are easy to make. Does anyone know to record a stop that has 2 packages, one of them being an sig req and the other can be dr’d, and the person not being home resulting in a not in 1 for the sig req pkg? Our center team doesn’t know how to and says to record them separately, which leads to 2 stops for the same address since there’s no duplicate stop option.

OP go down swinging so to speak, take it to panel, it can go either way. Very political on panel day depending on the cases heard that day. Good luck.
Yes it’s a pain

You have to go back, unconfirm the sig required. Then swipe the tracking number left for the option of non deliver. Tap that, scan the other pkg and proceed as normal. It’s not intuitive at all.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Is OP a management plant to try to scare the rest of us?
Probably.
Kid is so humble for no reason.
They try the same stuff here and the membership would not be scared they would actually go on a wildcat strike.

If the company refused to agree to reinstatement at local hearing (this always happens) then it goes to panel. If I was theoretically observed for 4 hours and got a shotgun of allegations however, they already lost their privilege to negotiate, it's going to panel with back pay. I was as an undergraduate trying to specialize in human interfaces and how they might input data. It's draconian to expect what they put in a computer to reflect on their "honesty". In most cases they are fuzzy logic, mistakes, and program oversights.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Yes it’s a pain

You have to go back, unconfirm the sig required. Then swipe the tracking number left for the option of non deliver. Tap that, scan the other pkg and proceed as normal. It’s not intuitive at all.
Much easier to make two stops out of it if no one is home to sign.

Shorts365

With these new diads, any bonus benefits that come from padding stops gets cancelled out by the extra time it takes to punch it all in. It takes me almost a full minute just to clock in.

qdg2

Probably.
They try the same stuff here and the membership would not be scared they would actually go on a wildcat strike.

If the company refused to agree to reinstatement at local hearing (this always happens) then it goes to panel. If I was theoretically observed for 4 hours and got a shotgun of allegations however, they already lost their privilege to negotiate, it's going to panel with back pay. I was as an undergraduate trying to specialize in human interfaces and how they might input data. It's draconian to expect what they put in a computer to reflect on their "honesty". In most cases they are fuzzy logic, mistakes, and program oversights.
A wildcat strike over a guy padding stops? Do tell.

Really?

What did they "try" exactly?

And every person accused of dishonesty gets backpay? Because of a threatened wildcat strike? Wow.

Around here, they get days if not months off and rarely back pay. If a guy is filmed buying a hotdog and Mountain Dew at a restroom stop.....nobody strikes over that. most say that's pretty stupid. I'd expect the same if a guy created two stops from one.....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
A wildcat strike over a guy padding stops? Do tell.

Really?

What did they "try" exactly?

And every person accused of dishonesty gets backpay? Because of a threatened wildcat strike? Wow.

Around here, they get days if not months off and rarely back pay. If a guy is filmed buying a hotdog and Mountain Dew at a restroom stop.....nobody strikes over that. most say that's pretty stupid. I'd expect the same if a guy created two stops from one.....
[edit] I'm leaving BC for a bit

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Probably.

Wildcat strike? 🤣 I don’t think so.

qdg2

Oh yes they are!
LP and management doesn't have anything else to do.

I can think of 3-4 situations that were clearly set up to entrap/entice hourlies to steal.

CYA has high survival value.
Did they steal? Serious question.

My first job was a sack boy at a grocery store. We also had mop duty and such which took us to the "back" storeroom area. Overstock was kept there. The store manager would break open a pkg of cookies or such and leave them laying around. Knowing how many exactly were there. Knowing who went back there.....this was way before cameras. People still got fired over it.

Thieves are gonna steal......they don't need help.

Our old building had constant plumbing problems because folks would tear open drug(whatever) pkgs and flush them down the toilet behind closed stalls. I literally saw a torn open drug pkg come down the belt in the sort....

You don't have to do anything special(CYA) to keep your job. Just don't do it. Simple.