Going to panel

OneBoxAtATime

If you go to panel and get terminated you can at least get unemployment. If you voluntarily quit you’ll get nothing. Obviously not what you want to hear but that’s something to consider. Never resign. Nobody cares about prior employment. Businesses need bodies right now. 23 years of UPS employment is a golden ticket. They know you can hack tough work.
Thanks for the wonderful advice and I will take it. I just got back from a long discussion with my
BA , I'm about to post what we talked about.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

UPS finds some weird ways to fire people. What does padding stops do anyways? I rarely have seen dispatchers change routes radically based on stop counts. It’s just based on the days deliveries on what gets cut to other drivers. Orion already has the delivery times and RTB pre-calculated before you leave in the morning. I don’t see how it affects anything if the time window is still being made. Scanning a second piece adds 5 seconds to the day. An old route I ran had 100 apartment units and everything went to a locker, the previous driver would scan all 40-80 pieces as one delivery and I would break it all down by apartment unit and scan each as it’s own stop. Nothing was ever said about it. We’re headed into recession and business has been slow. My building has fired three drivers in the last two weeks for the most moronic reasons I’ve ever seen. All three have 10+ years in and no history of discipline. All three got their jobs back. They’re trying to thin the herd before quarterly economic reports come out. Get ready for hiring freezes and disciplinary crackdowns. It doesn’t help that our union doesn’t fight any of these bogus claims and instead of getting the record wiped clean they always negotiate down to a 1 day rip or warning letter. All that does is allow the company to come back later at some point with something else and jump ahead in the punishment ladder towards termination.

Thebrownblob

UPS finds some weird ways to fire people. What does padding stops do anyways? I rarely have seen dispatchers change routes radically based on stop counts. It’s just based on the days deliveries on what gets cut to other drivers. Orion already has the delivery times and RTB pre-calculated before you leave in the morning. I don’t see how it affects anything if the time window is still being made. Scanning a second piece adds 5 seconds to the day. An old route I ran had 100 apartment units and everything went to a locker, the previous driver would scan all 40-80 pieces as one delivery and I would break it all down by apartment unit and scan each as it’s own stop. Nothing was ever said about it. We’re headed into recession and business has been slow. My building has fired three drivers in the last two weeks for the most moronic reasons I’ve ever seen. All three have 10+ years in and no history of discipline. All three got their jobs back. They’re trying to thin the herd before quarterly economic reports come out. Get ready for hiring freezes and disciplinary crackdowns. It doesn’t help that our union doesn’t fight any of these bogus claims and instead of getting the record wiped clean they always negotiate down to a 1 day rip or warning letter. All that does is allow the company to come back later at some point with something else and jump ahead in the punishment ladder towards termination.
We had a driver padding stops by the dozen also receiving multiple hours of bonus daily. Another driver running up miles to add to his paid day as well. Another reason why bonus is a bad idea.

Thebrownblob

Ah. We don’t have bonus centers around here. You’d think they’d be on that like crazy checking for fraud.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don’t. Making no mistake. If your fudging numbers they will catch you eventually. One of the drivers they caught. They had a dollar amount attached to it at his hearing and it was not pretty.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sometimes they do sometimes they don’t. Making no mistake. If your fudging numbers they will catch you eventually. One of the drivers they caught. They had a dollar amount attached to it at his hearing and it was not pretty.
Which is why it matters in bonus centers where money is involved. Non bonus who cares how much under you are? If you continue do it in a big way eventually it will land on you hard but it won't be watched as closely.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
This is why at every apartment or business suite I have I put the room/suite number under each specific package. I have one business suite that is of course listed as 1 stop but usually has 3-4 in it. EVERY suite gets their respective number put in that way there's no room for them to say I padded stops.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
This is why at every apartment or business suite I have I put the room/suite number under each specific package. I have one business suite that is of course listed as 1 stop but usually has 3-4 in it. EVERY suite gets their respective number put in that way there's no room for them to say I padded stops.
You would think the different last name assigned to each stop would be the hint

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Well Guys I didn't get my job back. And it's my choice to Resign or go to the panel. They said I've been Padding stops. They went back 10 days and found about 15 stops that they claimed I padded. And the union said it's going to be very difficult to get my job back. So, I thought they couldn't fire you from Technology? Well, they just did! You guys may not believe me, but I did not pad any stops. I feel they set me up. I'm meeting up tomorrow with my BA so we can go over all the stops they said I padded. I did see 4 stops today and they were business suits. Example 3441 Causeway blvd is had a bunch of suits a b c d etc.. If all get one pkg that's 4 different stops and that's how I delivered them. But they are saying I padded residence. Example 123 Devon st. if they had 2 boxes. I would get 2 stops out of that one stop. I don't know If I should go to panel or just resign.
Go to the panel and do what everyone has been saying since you started posting.

Get your over allowed down..(from what I read in the posts)

get off the radar cause your local sucks (from what I read in the posts)

don't waste 23 years...

qdg2

Only for a problem child, or to set an example.

BTW, was this not you?

I could probably find it, but I'm not going to waste my time. Point proven. But I think you made a comment to @UpstateNYUPSer(Ret) something about when you retire, you will never post here again.

Hippocrite comes to mind. And no, I am not bullying. Just stating the obvious.
Captain obvious....to set an example.....whew earth shattering.

Here we go.

qdg2

Go to the panel and do what everyone has been saying since you started posting.

Get your over allowed down..(from what I read in the posts)

get off the radar cause your local sucks (from what I read in the posts)

don't waste 23 years...
So he is being targeted for over allowed?

Work harder because he can't count on his local?

As a manager...you would take advantage of such?

And can he be fired for over allowed?

On the other hand.....could the company be wasting a 23 year employee? And why would they?

Thebrownblob

So he is being targeted for over allowed?

Work harder because he can't count on his local?

As a manager...you would take advantage of such?

And can he be fired for over allowed?

On the other hand.....could the company be wasting a 23 year employee? And why would they?
He told him to work on getting it “down” not necessarily eliminating it because it may not be possible. I don’t have a problem with that. If he can, he can if he can’t, he can’t he definitely will want to play the straight and narrow when he comes back.
He cannot be fired for overall allowed but just like anything if you’re over and you’re not doing the job near perfect and they come and watch you. It’s really hard to defend.

It’s been my experience once you’re in their crosshairs they don’t care how many years you have or if you were a good employee.
Come to work follow the methods they are your friend give 100% record as accurately as possible of what you have every day and be honest. Those things will get you a long way.

Last edited:

Trucker Clock

Captain obvious....to set an example.....whew earth shattering.

Here we go.

You’re retired. Go away like you promised you would.

The Company usually doesn’t go after a driver who had no issues. It is usually a driver that never learns his lesson.

There are probably a few exceptions, but it’s mostly problem drivers, or to set an example to everyone else.

R1wonder

You can also do it in one stop. Scan all non signature packages leave sig required one(s) on the list at top. If they are home, tap to add to list and sign. If not, slide tracking number left, tap non deliver. It will then prompt for an info notice and ask delivery decision for packages you’ve left. Was playing around one day and figured this one out.
I just screen shot this cuz I always do two stops lol. And I’ve been told by management there’s no way to do it