Good contact number for HR in San Diego?

Halo05

Greetings to the Brown Cafe community. My situation is an interesting one and I'm hoping I can find some help here.

I loaded trucks at the San Diego UPS facility for about 14 months during 2001 and 2002. Eventually I decided that I was kind of sick of it and joined the Marine Corps. Well, my time with the Marines is over and now I'm back looking for a job with UPS again. The problem is that the San Diego facility still has me on a leave of absence due to me joining the military. Further complicating the issue is the fact that I now live in Virginia. I need the San Diego HR people to terminate me so that the VA UPS people can hire me but I can't for the life of me find a way to get in touch with HR in San Diego.

Does anyone out there have a good contact number? I can't even remember the name of the HR manager there let alone a number.

Thanks,
Ryan

aspenleaf

You would think the VA UPS would have the number....try calling 1-888-WORKUPS and see if they can get you transfered. Good luck!

Halo05

I tried the 888 number and it led me to a computer that didn't seem very helpful.

I'll probably wind up calling the Roanoke, VA HR people and trying to get a contact number from them. I can't believe that I couldn't find one through Google, how secretive!

iloadthetruck

Halo, are you in Virginia for educational purposes? You would be better off applying for an educational transfer instead of trying to quit and re-hire.

aspenleaf

Yes, we don't want anyone calling HR and trying to get hired! No wonder we have no monies in the budget for recuritment. Good luck with your search and welcome back from military leave.