Good morning

vantexan

Layers upon layers of irony; you have openly admitted that you are near bankruptcy, and yet think a multibillionaire is going to save you and those of your ilk; this is positively laughable.
Dude, I'll pay my bills off when I cash out. And then live just fine. Not worried about me. Tell me, what should we do to help the hurting middle class? The hurting working class? If nothing changes with administrations we should just lay down and die? No efforts should be made? The status quo is fine? Send good jobs overseas and compete with illegals for poor paying service jobs? Nothing ever changes, the fix is in, blah, blah, blah. Trump isn't the Second Coming, he's just pledging to do some things that should've been done long ago. We'll see.

Meat

Tell me, what should we do to help the hurting middle class? The hurting working class? If nothing changes with administrations we should just lay down and die? No efforts should be made? The status quo is fine? Send good jobs overseas and compete with illegals for poor paying service jobs?

As I previously asked, what have you done to change the above referenced maladies other than vote within the two-party system and complain on this message board? Again, at the risk of sounding redundant, my suspicion is that you have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

vantexan

As I previously asked, what have you done to change the above referenced maladies other than vote within the two-party system and complain on this message board? Again, at the risk of sounding redundant, my suspicion is that you have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
And what have you done oh wise one? Exactly what can ONE do other than participate in the process? One man, one vote. Wait, the U.N. is at my door, seeking counsel. Welcome to the revolution, pal!

bacha29

The best way to increase illegal immigration is to screw with NAFTA. It would tank the Mexican economy and they would come up here looking for work. Manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. Any factories built here will be run with robots. The days of low skill high paying Union manufacturing jobs are gone. The GOP killed unions but now they're the working man's champion?
Excellent point . Trump says that he's going to bring back coal. Just in the past 6 years in my state alone 22000 megawatts of coal generated power have gone off line and replaced with 22000 megawatts of shale gas generated power. This according to PJM Interconnection the power grid that covers the Mid-Atlantic region. Of the 14 states they manage 8 have deregulated wholesale power markets and the remaining 6 on are their way there. In the 8 deregulated markets the lumbering old coal fired plants many 50 years old and older simply cannot compete in those markets and. are one by one going off line In addition the new plants are located in the areas that allow the grid combined with the latest technology to manage heavy demand much more quickly and efficiently. Ok so "Trump Digs Coal" All he'll be doing is hauling out of the mine and piling it up outside. The return of manufacturing ? I'll believe that when Trumps brings his own manufacturing operations back from the cheap overseas labor markets where he outsourced them. And even if an unexpectedly large share of high tech manufacturing jobs were to return it would not have much of an impact on jobs number given that they simply do not employ a large number of production floor level workers.
And given the high skill and education levels required many companies would have to bring those workers along with them and we all know that the nation's attitude toward emigrant workers borders on open hostility.

vantexan

Excellent point . Trump says that he's going to bring back coal. Just in the past 6 years in my state alone 22000 megawatts of coal generated power have gone off line and replaced with 22000 megawatts of shale gas generated power. This according to PJM Interconnection the power grid that covers the Mid-Atlantic region. Of the 14 states they manage 8 have deregulated wholesale power markets and the remaining 6 on are their way there. In the 8 deregulated markets the lumbering old coal fired plants many 50 years old and older simply cannot compete in those markets and. are one by one going off line In addition the new plants are located in the areas that allow the grid combined with the latest technology to manage heavy demand much more quickly and efficiently. Ok so "Trump Digs Coal" All he'll be doing is hauling out of the mine and piling it up outside. The return of manufacturing ? I'll believe that when Trumps brings his own manufacturing operations back from the cheap overseas labor markets where he outsourced them. And even if an unexpectedly large share of high tech manufacturing jobs were to return it would not have much of an impact on jobs number given that they simply do not employ a large number of production floor level workers.
And given the high skill and education levels required many companies would have to bring those workers along with them and we all know that the nation's attitude toward emigrant workers borders on open hostility.
So you're saying Mexicans, Chinese, and others can be trained but Americans can't? Every job brought back counts, and millions went abroad. And the goal is to be completely free of Mideast oil. You do know coal can be turned into diesel?

Meat

Trump isn't the Second Coming, he's just pledging to do some things that should've been done long ago. We'll see.

Van, Van, Van - so old and yet you have learned so little. Mr. Trump stated he was going to "drain the swamp," and yet all of his tentative appointments are Washington insiders through-and-through; if you recall it was the exact same with Obama. Like all politicians, he can't deliver what he promised, and now he has unleashed the fury of the mongoloids upon our country. I shudder to think what those folk are going to be capable of when they realize absolutely nothing will change for them; it's not going to be pretty. By the way, I'm not a cynic, I just have the mental acuity to see the world for what it is. Good luck with your blind allegiance.

vantexan

Van, Van, Van - so old and yet you have learned so little. Mr. Trump stated he was going to "drain the swamp," and yet all of his tentative appointments are Washington insiders through-and-through; if you recall it was the exact same with Obama. Like all politicians, he can't deliver what he promised, and now he has unleashed the fury of the mongoloids upon our country. I shudder to think what those folk are going to be capable of when they realize absolutely nothing will change for them; it's not going to be pretty. By the way, I'm not a cynic, I just have the mental acuity to see the world for what it is. Good luck with your blind allegiance.
Time will tell.

bacha29

So you're saying Mexicans, Chinese, and others can be trained but Americans can't? Every job brought back counts, and millions went abroad. And the goal is to be completely free of Mideast oil. You do know coal can be turned into diesel?
Yes, you can convert coal into liquid coal In fact over in the next county there's an experimental coal conversion plant that was shut down and vacated decades ago. It all comes down to the cost of production and the same goes for wholesale electricity. And the same goes for skilled labor. If it's more cost effective to bring your own skilled labor force with you when you move rather than train a raw work force that will takes months possibly longer to bring up to speed then you bring them with you. Those numbers that I posted have no reason to lie. Training Mexicans? There are already trained and rest assured they'll be looking for a way to climb over the wall chasing after their jobs when Trump repeals NAFTA.

bacha29

When not if Trump's lofty promises go unfulfilled and he tries to build his presidential legacy on the backs of the nation's poor and disaffected even his most vocal supporters will turn on him as quickly as they voted for him.

vantexan

Yes, you can convert coal into liquid coal In fact over in the next county there's an experimental coal conversion plant that was shut down and vacated decades ago. It all comes down to the cost of production and the same goes for wholesale electricity. And the same goes for skilled labor. If it's more cost effective to bring your own skilled labor force with you when you move rather than train a raw work force that will takes months possibly longer to bring up to speed then you bring them with you. Those numbers that I posted have no reason to lie. Training Mexicans? There are already trained and rest assured they'll be looking for a way to climb over the wall chasing after their jobs when Trump repeals NAFTA.
Where did I say anything about training Mexicans? I said if you can train Mexicans and Chinese you can train Americans, which you seemed to imply that companies would have to bring all their employees from down South to do the jobs Americans can't. Companies can't just bring their own workforce in, and they wouldn't be allowed to if they could. This is about putting Americans back to work.

I remember when Rush Limbaugh said he hoped Obama would fail. He was talking about Obama's far Left agenda but the liberal media ran wild with it. Now you guys not only want Trump to fail but are certain he will. Don't you want America to succeed? Or are you blinded by party partisanship?

Pspeed

We have been in a trade war for decades, we just never admitted it . Has worked out well for the people at the top though.

vantexan

My fellow Democrat friends laughed at me when I said that Trump would win. Going forward the GOP hardliners in Congress will with Trump's approval completely eviscerate all New Deal and Great Society legislation as evidenced by past efforts to turn Social Security over to the big banks so they can collect huge management fees and employers no longer have to pay employer taxes. In doing so create a permanent underclass which is what they want. How will they be able to do this.? The Reps know that all you have to do is to keep Charlie Redneck and Billy Joe Sixpack in a steady supply of guns and bibles they'll vote for Republicans every time no matter what the GOP does to them. And Operational Needs you are correct. Trump is such a control freak that his administration will be a revolving door of cabinet secretaries constantly being appointed and fired. He says that he will be " a president for all Americans" . Within in 90 days we will clearly see just who " all Americans" are in his mind's eye.
@bacha29 Well this didn't age well.