Good morning

bacha29

More alarmist B.S. And your elitist attitude exactly mirrors the attitude in Washington. The one that caused this populist uprising.
Remember one thing about Trump. Platitudes without policy is like throwing rocks at airplanes and the careers of many a politician have been cut short abruptly when they over promised and under delivered. Clinton won the popular vote which tells you that he will have two years to implement an agenda to the satisfaction of the American people and Trump knows it

vantexan

Remember one thing about Trump. Platitudes without policy is like throwing rocks at airplanes and the careers of many a politician have been cut short abruptly when they over promised and under delivered. Clinton won the popular vote which tells you that he will have two years to implement an agenda to the satisfaction of the American people and Trump knows it
Democrats often win the popular vote because of very large states that are mostly liberal. Especially California, New York, and Illinois, where Democrats usually win by differences in the millions. But to win the electoral college you don't have to win the popular vote, you just have to win enough states to reach 270 electoral votes. Since there are more registered Democrats than Republicans, every Republican president has had to convince enough independents and Democrats that they were the better choice. That's exactly what Trump did. Many counties in Ohio, for example, that are normally Democrat strongholds with strong union representation, went with Trump. Note to future Democrat candidates, don't take your constituencies for granted. When people are hurting financially, don't openly state that you are going to take their livelihoods(coal mining) away to please the far left extremists and then be surprised you didn't get their vote.

vantexan

Sadly, this isn't the first request I've had from one of my neighbours down south. A buddy from Wisconsin called dibs, last night.
This was what I was referring to. To be fair it was the requester who was looking for an out of the country escape. More power to her. I'm excited that serious issues might finally get addressed. If those on the Left want to leave rather than deal with that happy trails. I know for a fact Mexico is a wonderful choice.

BrownArmy

Democrats often win the popular vote because of very large states that are mostly liberal. Especially California, New York, and Illinois, where Democrats usually win by differences in the millions. But to win the electoral college you don't have to win the popular vote, you just have to win enough states to reach 270 electoral votes. Since there are more registered Democrats than Republicans, every Republican president has had to convince enough independents and Democrats that they were the better choice. That's exactly what Trump did. Many counties in Ohio, for example, that are normally Democrat strongholds with strong union representation, went with Trump. Note to future Democrat candidates, don't take your constituencies for granted. When people are hurting financially, don't openly state that you are going to take their livelihoods(coal mining) away to please the far left extremists and then be surprised you didn't get their vote.

#paragraphs matter

bacha29

This was what I was referring to. To be fair it was the requester who was looking for an out of the country escape. More power to her. I'm excited that serious issues might finally get addressed. If those on the Left want to leave rather than deal with that happy trails. I know for a fact Mexico is a wonderful choice.
Then just go there. If it's the wonderful you claim it is . then why do you need benefits courtesy American based and Democrat sponsored and passed social program legislation ? The Mexican government should provide that to it's citizens.

vantexan

Then just go there. If it's the wonderful you claim it is . then why do you need benefits courtesy American based and Democrat sponsored and passed social program legislation ? The Mexican government should provide that to it's citizens.
I'll still be an American citizen subject to American taxes.

bacha29

I'll still be an American citizen subject to American taxes.
That's not the point. If the place is the paradise you say it is then why would you want or need any connection whatsoever to the terrible American government that you are always finding fault with?

vantexan

That's not the point. If the place is the paradise you say it is then why would you want or need any connection whatsoever to the terrible American government that you are always finding fault with?
There are parts of Mexico that are true paradises. But overall the U.S. is a better country in terms of prosperity, rule of law, opportunity. If I'm still working then I'll be here in the States. But I'm retiring, and Mexico is much more affordable. It isn't a matter of putting the U.S. down, it's just economics 101. And maybe you aren't aware but U.S. companies are all over Mexico. Not just manufacturing but retail, restaurants, etc. They've passed reforms that have greatly improved internet quality. You can get 150 megs in many cities now. Mexico isn't perfect, but it's what I can afford, and I'm thankful I squeaked out enough of a pension before they put the clamps down.

vantexan

P.S. The American government just took a huge turn for the better.:D

bacha29

P.S. The American government just took a huge turn for the better.:D
You think so? if NAFTA is repealed as Trump the man you say will head up a much improved American government says he's gong to do the sucking sound you hear down there might just be tens of thousands of jobs heading back north

It will be fine

You think so? if NAFTA is repealed as Trump the man you say will head up a much improved American government says he's gong to do the sucking sound you hear down there might just be tens of thousands of jobs heading back north
The best way to increase illegal immigration is to screw with NAFTA. It would tank the Mexican economy and they would come up here looking for work. Manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. Any factories built here will be run with robots. The days of low skill high paying Union manufacturing jobs are gone. The GOP killed unions but now they're the working man's champion?

vantexan

The best way to increase illegal immigration is to screw with NAFTA. It would tank the Mexican economy and they would come up here looking for work. Manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. Any factories built here will be run with robots. The days of low skill high paying Union manufacturing jobs are gone. The GOP killed unions but now they're the working man's champion?
They could help build the wall...

Meat

Manufacturing jobs aren't coming back.

I have always been amazed by how your average citizen gets sucked into the delusion that one politician/party/administration can reverse the global trends that have been in place for almost half a century.

The industrialized world recovered from WW2; then there was NAFTA, and then China joined the WTO - all were disastrous for global labor; regardless of what president-elect Trump has said regarding the TPP, the US will be participating in some capacity, which will undoubtedly exacerbate a desperate situation.

Your assertion that America will never be "great" again is correct, and those that think a change of leadership at 1700 Pennsylvania Ave will solve anything are greatly mistaken.

Truth be told, the system has as little as five years (and at most 20) of shelf-life left before
the inevitable collapse. Despite the 2016 election, winter is undoubtedly coming, and the Titanic is still heading for the same iceberg - you pick the metaphor, the end is near.

vantexan

There's only so much you can do with robotics. The Mexican factories are state of the art and yet still employ millions of Mexicans. It's time the powers that be realize they need to take care of their countrymen before themselves. A piece of the pie instead of 3/4ths of it. I don't begrudge them getting wealthy if they provide decent jobs for those making it happen for them. Turning everyone into wage slaves so they can live like Saudi Princes has to end. Won't though if we keep the status quo. Hillary was the status quo.

vantexan

I have always been amazed by how your average citizen gets sucked into the delusion that one politician/party/administration can reverse the global trends that have been in place for almost half a century.

The industrialized world recovered from WW2; then there was NAFTA, and then China joined the WTO - all were disastrous for global labor; regardless of what president-elect Trump has said regarding the TPP, the US will be participating in some capacity, which will undoubtedly exacerbate a desperate situation.

Your assertion that America will never be "great" again is correct, and those that think a change of leadership at 1700 Pennsylvania Ave will solve anything are greatly mistaken.

Truth be told, the system has as little as five years (and at most 20) of shelf-life left before
the inevitable collapse. Despite the 2016 election, winter is undoubtedly coming, and the Titanic is still heading for the same iceberg - you pick the metaphor, the end is near.
Which is what we're fighting against. Welcome to the revolution pal!

Meat

Which is what we're fighting against. Welcome to the revolution pal!

How are you "fighting," Van? By engaging in electoral politics? If voting could change anything, it would be illegal. Aside from voting for "the right party," what have you done to change the system other than to admit defeat and move to another country?

vantexan

How are you "fighting," Van? By engaging in electoral politics? If voting could change anything, it would be illegal. Aside from voting for "the right party," what have you done to change the system other than to admit defeat and move to another country?
Oh how cynical you are Meat! You're not seeing the forest for the trees. The Washington elite will be voted out if they don't start helping the common man do better.

Meat

won't though if we keep the status quo. Hillary was the status quo.

Layers upon layers of irony; you have openly admitted that you are near bankruptcy, and yet think a multibillionaire is going to save you and those of your ilk; this is positively laughable.

Meat

Oh how cynical you are Meat! You're not seeing the forest for the trees. The Washington elite will be voted out if they don't start helping the common man do better.

It matters not if the "washington elite" get voted out, the system remains. Those that believe that systemic change can take place by merely voting are delusional. I asked you a simply question; outside of voting, what are you doing to change the system? My guess, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!