Good shoes for picking off?

box-man

As the title says, any recommendations for comfortable, lasting shoes for picking off? Standing in one spot on that metal for 4 - 5 hours a night is really killing my feet lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
Seriously though. If you're not walking much than anything with gel cushion. Sketchers I hear makes a good one.
I always have a pair of cushy Sketchers in my assortment of maybe 5 pairs of shoes. They aren’t good for shifting a Harley though.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We used to have a rubber pad to stand on and after some time you would wear a hole in it. I used to wear Sanuks when I worked in the hub. Pretty comfy but if you drop a box on your toe, you’re friend*.

Made brown

Stay away from boots like this. Dont ask me how I know
37762995-D07E-4AFD-9339-60DC59A6C8C2.jpeg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
don't worry too much about brand of the shoe just make sure it's breaths ok, can absorb a little bit of a hit (no need for steel toe), then get a shoe insert. My winter shoes are doubled up dr scholls with the standard insert, my summer shoes have superfeet inserts. Shoes can been keen, columbia, merell, etc. Plenty to choose from.

If you are just standing on grates try finding a memory foam one.

box-man

Skechers that I got actually have been working pretty well so far. Feet still sore but not near as bad. 10/10 recommend.