Got a Route

Siveriano

So after almost 4 years as a cover driver. i decided to claim one of the bid routes as im done arguing with my management team about them telling the newbs to hide while the pc so they cant get bump.

Management is trying to get me to leave the route as the other cover driver that was doing it was taking 25-40 minutes lunch ( i checked the ODSe? almost every time i had the chance) and was doing about 210 stops by 2000 hours. I know this route i had done it multiple times for years and thats a 160-170 stops route.

The other day i got pulled into the office because my "performance" i tried to explain that those number they are asking, i see them impossible to do and if they still thinking that is me then ill love to get a 3 day ride with a SUP so they can show me how to do it, to which my manager refused.

This is a high claim area, and few weeks ago we had a training on the diad where it says that apartment buildings we must bring the packages to the apt door as the lobby is consider a common area. I have been bringing everything upstairs since i got the route, and to be honest it felt good when people were saying stuff like "Thanks for bringing it up here, Thanks for ringing my bell" it felt like a connection with the customers, like the way it is suppose to be.

So my question is, can my manager discipline me for bringing packages to each apt door?

Any know this site so please try not to troll much.

rod

Retired 22 years
You got your own route---now shape it into a good one. It sounds like you are off to a good start. Whatever you do don't fall for their "but the other driver" sob story. Do it by the book and eventually it will fall into place.

Siveriano

yeah i dont believe in the "the other driver this and that" and im trying to do everything by the book. but im concern if they try to pull a "falsifying" or the good ol "sabotaging " because of the 1 apt = 1 stop. nut i literally go to each apt door.

rod

Retired 22 years
Even if they want you to leave everything at the office or in the lobby (get it in writing that that is what they want you to do) you are still required by their methods to leave a delivery notice on the apartment doors so that kind of defeats the purpose of their madness.

Siveriano

If it is a secure building, the method is DR at their door. If it's not secure, the method is to get a signature at every apartment
nah here some buildings all you gotta do is push the door open or ring all the bells and you are in. but i have witnessed someone getting to the building using the garage door so thats why i also like to make sure is by the apt door and no just sitting at the. lobby

Siveriano

Even if they want you to leave everything at the office or in the lobby (get it in writing that that is what they want you to do) you are still required by their methods to leave a delivery notice on the apartment doors so that kind of defeats the purpose of their madness.
that one escape my mind the living info notice that i left the packages at the lobby.
i really want my 3 days ojs but my manager refuse to give it to me lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
that one escape my mind the living info notice that i left the packages at the lobby.
i really want my 3 days ojs but my manager refuse to give it to me lol.

Make sure that is still the method---I've been retired a long time and that's the way it used to be but I've been told I'm "out of touch" so I could be wrong.

Siveriano

nah yeah it still like if you throw the packages in a dumper or if u put it behind a trash can or anywhere out of the sight you must leave a notice so thw customer dont go nuts looking for it, or at least it was wjen i was trained.
plus the worst they can say is no.

Poop Head

Judge me.
nah here some buildings all you gotta do is push the door open or ring all the bells and you are in. but i have witnessed someone getting to the building using the garage door so thats why i also like to make sure is by the apt door and no just sitting at the. lobby
we get paid to carry stuff to peoples door. People like it. Now that it's your route, try to talk to the building managers/owners and get keys/keycards/doorcodes so you don't have to buzz everybody just to get in

Siveriano

e get paid to carry stuff to peoples door. People like it. Now that it's your route, try to talk to the building managers/owners and get keys/keycards/doorcodes so you don't have to buzz everybody just to get in
what keys? what access code?
wait..... im not on an ojs yet.

got a couple of buildings with no code and it kimda dial the tenant number and yeah in a week already got 3 keys.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We call those types of routes “landscaping” routes. With a little TLC, those can be some of the sweetest routes, just takes a little work to make it look nice.

Put your headphones on, crank up the riding mower, and ignore the noise. Once you get it looking nice, it’s easy to maintain and they know what it should look like going forward.

Downside is you might lose it next bid if you bid every two years like we do.

Last edited:

Siveriano

We call those types of routes “landscaping” routes. With a little TLC, those can be some of the sweetest routes, just takes a little work to make it look nice.

Put your headphones on, crank up the riding mower, and ignore the noise. Once you get it looking nice, it’s easy to maintain and they know what it should look like going forward.

Downside is you might lose it next bid if you bid very two years like we do.
nah here is until you give it up.
i was not really going to get this route by my manager loves to ignore seniority at our center and im kinda donde fighting for my brothers as it seems like they dont care.
but yeah this route will be a sweet route.
i told one of my sups that i domt care if they send me with 500 or 50 stops. i was gonna do my best and thats it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
nah here is until you give it up.
i was not really going to get this route by my manager loves to ignore seniority at our center and im kinda donde fighting for my brothers as it seems like they dont care.
but yeah this route will be a sweet route.
i told one of my sups that i domt care if they send me with 500 or 50 stops. i was gonna do my best and thats it.
That’s nice about not having to rebid unless you choose to get off it. You just need a regime change, they’ll forget all about how that route “used” to be.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Leaving packages sitting in the lobby will eventually get you fired, especially if you aren't making their numbers. If you follow the methods, there is nothing they can do to you. Grieve every bit of harassment they throw at you. Eventually they'll leave you alone.

IESucks

So after almost 4 years as a cover driver. i decided to claim one of the bid routes as im done arguing with my management team about them telling the newbs to hide while the pc so they cant get bump.

Management is trying to get me to leave the route as the other cover driver that was doing it was taking 25-40 minutes lunch ( i checked the ODSe? almost every time i had the chance) and was doing about 210 stops by 2000 hours. I know this route i had done it multiple times for years and thats a 160-170 stops route.

The other day i got pulled into the office because my "performance" i tried to explain that those number they are asking, i see them impossible to do and if they still thinking that is me then ill love to get a 3 day ride with a SUP so they can show me how to do it, to which my manager refused.

This is a high claim area, and few weeks ago we had a training on the diad where it says that apartment buildings we must bring the packages to the apt door as the lobby is consider a common area. I have been bringing everything upstairs since i got the route, and to be honest it felt good when people were saying stuff like "Thanks for bringing it up here, Thanks for ringing my bell" it felt like a connection with the customers, like the way it is suppose to be.

So my question is, can my manager discipline me for bringing packages to each apt door?

Work as instructed or punishment always possible

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

CYA! They will harass and try to speed you up. After that they will OJS you. Give a fair days work and the OJS will fail.

Dr.Brownz

20:00 hour? Bro get on the 9.5 list

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Cite the contract, with a steward,highlighting liability for DRs and missing packages. High claim area cannot be that risky if you are doing the right thing.