Got enough to retire but still working

gingerkat

This whole thing is very funny really. Anyone that really had that much money, would not be working this hard. Also a certain member claimed originally that most of it was tucked away in a 401k… which would really be stupid to have THAT much money there.

Coming from a financial background with work being done in PFP (personal financial planning) & estate planning, I am calling BS!

I suggest spending some of those riches on a good therapist to figure out what hole exists in your life that brings you to share this sort of story (true or not) on a social network forum. Is it envy you seek? A pat on the back? Some external justification that you've accomplished something? Weird I tell ya.

Laurie123

I have that because I work at UPS.
My monthly expenses are 1000 bucks a month. One paycheck covers that. The rest goes into retirement preps and into the bank.
I have owned my home free and clear for 13 years,pay cash for a new truck every 3 years, no credit cards, no debt of any kind.

Cash is king.

I have made almost 800k in the last 7 years.
90% of my take home gets put towards savings/investments/retirement planning.

I could retire today and never look back.

My goal is to make 310k in the next 3 years then retire on the day before Thanksgiving 2016.
just retire now and give someone else a chance

Returntosender

Oh well the 2 plus million in my 401k, the hundreds of 1oz gold and silver coins, the hundreds of 5oz gold and silver bars and the roughly 750k in cold hard cash I have in the bank will have to be enough.

:cool2:
What if within six months after retirement you die. Where will that 4.5 million in assets go. Will you donate it to the United Way?

...hundreds of 1oz gold and silver coins, the hundreds of 5oz gold and silver bars...

The old man lived in the Wooley Swamp way back in Booger Woods. He never
did do a lot of harm in the world, but he never did do no good. People didn't
think too much of him. They all thought he acted funny. The old man didn't
care about people anyway. All he cared about was his money. He'd stuff it all
down in mason jars and he'd bury it all around. And on certain nights if the
moon was right he'd dig it up out of the ground. He'd pour it all out on the floor
of his shack and run his fingers through it. Yeah, Lucius Clay was a greedy old
man and that's all that there was to it.

Cable boys was white trash. They lived over on Carver's Creek. They were
mean as a snake and sneaky as a cat and belligerent when they'd speak. One
night the oldest brother said, "Y'all meet me at the Wooley Swamp later. We'll
take old Lucius's money and we'll feed him to the alligators." They found the
old man out in the back with a shovel in his hand, thirteen rusty mason jars was
just dug up out of the sand. And they all went crazy and they beat the old man,
and they picked him up off of the ground. Threw him in the swamp and stood there
and laughed as the black water sucked him down. Then they turned around and
went back to the shack and picked up the money and ran.

ja4079

ja4079
I have plenty to retire on and I did on Jan.2 of this year, after 34 years it was time to hand the keys to someone else and it felt really good to walk out. UPS has been good to me and me to them. It has been a good career and provided a good living for me and my family. In 34 yr's never had a paycheck that was wrong or filed grievance, which I am proud of. My area was a tough one and no one wants to take it over.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS has been good to me and me to them. It has been a good career and provided a good living for me and my family. In 34 yr's never had a paycheck that was wrong or filed grievance, which I am proud of.

Let me know if members start calling you N@ncy or Linda.