got fired going threw gft process

l22

i got fired for having 2 performace reminders and 1 warning letter in a 12 month period ...... ive been reading threw the policy and on my second letter i was not told that it was my second letter i thought it was my first, i was not told when i got it or did i sign any kind of document stating that it was my second which i read in the policy is supposed to happen and in my gft meeting they also said there is no documentation that i was told that ...... and on my last incident i scraped the side of the truck the estimate was under 1,000$ so i thought it would just be a occurence but it got upgraded to a performance reminder...... i cant find in the policy where it automaticly gets upgraded to a performance reminder and they couldnt show me in the meeting where it states that they just kept saying it was there ...... i just got my step 2 process portion does anybody have any suggestions what else i could do with this?

Go through the GFT process, but also have your lawyer give you paperwork to give them. You need to show them you have a lawyer. GET A LAWYER

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Go through the GFT process, but also have your lawyer give you paperwork to give them. You need to show them you have a lawyer. GET A LAWYER

Ordinarily, I'd give the same advice. But this guy is batting .000 with the company and is most definitely behind the 8-ball. Even if he wins, he's still just a step from out the door, and they'll be gunning for him.

Best to just leave.

benny k

yeah this is not going well and i have already moved on......but has anybody ever had a accident and then asked 2hrs later when you are home to write a statement about what happend, normally this all happens while you are at work

bacha29

What happened to poor benny k should serve as a stark lesson to all you that the policies of that company are not consistent or uniform and as long as you have no real legal recourse they will always remain that way.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'll tell anyone....FedEx doesn't give a rats ass about their frontline employees. I finally got a friend to understand that after she bled purple for many years. Unfortunately, now she's seeing it first hand after an on the job injury was denied for WC and STD. Fortunately, she has copies of all texts and emails between her, mgmt, HCMP and Sedgrwick, showing lies all around. CYA People and always keep copies of anything you give to management, etc.

benny k

it basically stated the same thing that first ones said in regards to management decision to give me a performance reminder for having 2 occurrences in a 12 month period.

benny k

it seems like in the second step the officer of review just reads what happend in the first meeting.The second and third gft packets does not give you any where to write statements, so i typed a letter but nothing i brought up in it was addressed in the second gft paper work that was sent back to me. I brought up the fact that i was told to do the paper work for the occurrence from home and and that i was never notified that i had atleast two active letters against me which they are supposed to document when you get your second letter

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'll tell anyone....FedEx doesn't give a rats ass about their frontline employees. I finally got a friend to understand that after she bled purple for many years. Unfortunately, now she's seeing it first hand after an on the job injury was denied for WC and STD. Fortunately, she has copies of all texts and emails between her, mgmt, HCMP and Sedgrwick, showing lies all around. CYA People and always keep copies of anything you give to management, etc.

This is the gospel truth. They LIE about everything, so you must document everything. Too bad so many find out the hard way that FedEx is completely unethical.