Government Motors

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok----so coal energy pollutes, windmills kill thousands of birds, nuclear is scary dangerous, hydrogen is too expensive, natural gas pipelines blow up--what the hell do the tree huggers want --other than to piss and moan about every little thing.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ok----so coal energy pollutes, windmills kill thousands of birds, nuclear is scary dangerous, hydrogen is too expensive, natural gas pipelines blow up--what the hell do the tree huggers want --other than to piss and moan about every little thing.

how about we start with some facts ROD.

Nuclear energy: fukashima and Chernobyl are still releasing radiation into the air and water. Both plants have thousands of acres of land NON LIVABLE anymore. FUKASHIMA cannot be controlled and is only a matter of time before its cores are re-exposed and another large release of radiation spread into the air contaminating japan and the sea.

COAL mining: thousands of people sickened by Black Lung desease. Thousands of children around coal plants with asthma. Thousands of people around coal plants with cancers.

Windmills kill birds not people. Those birds that are killed are no more than the birds that are killed by airplanes everyday in the air.

Natural gas through fracking pollutes underground water wells, and the process they use releases RADIATION out of the ground and has to be captured by a process that further pollutes under ground water systems.

Hydrogen is in its early stages but can be refined if the technology is allowed to be improved as long as the OIL industries dont continue to stop progress.

You call it "piss and moan", but what would you like to have a Fukashima or Chernobyl in your own backyard? Or is it cool to have things like this happen as long as its not near your home?

Would you like to drink radiated water? Would you like your children to grow up to have cancers in their 20's by drinking contaminated water as children because they were fracking near your aquafir?

Somebody has to stand up for people like you, the oblivious.

This is a small planet. We are polluted it everyday. We are killing the very ground we should be walking and living on.

Maybe, just maybe if you invested your time in looking into fukashima and the prefectures that can no longer be lived in, you might just rethink nuclear. If you dont know what a prefecture is, just consider it a "county".

In japan, the equilvalent of los angeles and orange county can no longer sustain human life.

Maybe if you knew that, you wouldnt call opposition to nuke plants "bitching".

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/doubling-down-volt_786702.html

The administration’s enthusiasm for GM extended to its electric car, the Chevy Volt. President Obama once said he’d like to drive one when he leaves office and no reason he couldn’t. There’s lots of inventory lying around.
The company was losing as much as $49,000 on each Volt it builds … with cheap Volt lease offers ... some Americans [were] paying just $5,050 to drive around for two years in a vehicle that cost as much as $89,000 to produce.

Rainman

Its all good.
how about we start with some facts ROD.

Nuclear energy: fukashima and Chernobyl are still releasing radiation into the air and water. Both plants have thousands of acres of land NON LIVABLE anymore. FUKASHIMA cannot be controlled and is only a matter of time before its cores are re-exposed and another large release of radiation spread into the air contaminating japan and the sea.

COAL mining: thousands of people sickened by Black Lung desease. Thousands of children around coal plants with asthma. Thousands of people around coal plants with cancers.

Windmills kill birds not people. Those birds that are killed are no more than the birds that are killed by airplanes everyday in the air.

Natural gas through fracking pollutes underground water wells, and the process they use releases RADIATION out of the ground and has to be captured by a process that further pollutes under ground water systems.

Hydrogen is in its early stages but can be refined if the technology is allowed to be improved as long as the OIL industries dont continue to stop progress.

You call it "piss and moan", but what would you like to have a Fukashima or Chernobyl in your own backyard? Or is it cool to have things like this happen as long as its not near your home?

Would you like to drink radiated water? Would you like your children to grow up to have cancers in their 20's by drinking contaminated water as children because they were fracking near your aquafir?

Somebody has to stand up for people like you, the oblivious.

This is a small planet. We are polluted it everyday. We are killing the very ground we should be walking and living on.

Maybe, just maybe if you invested your time in looking into fukashima and the prefectures that can no longer be lived in, you might just rethink nuclear. If you dont know what a prefecture is, just consider it a "county".

In japan, the equilvalent of los angeles and orange county can no longer sustain human life.

Maybe if you knew that, you wouldnt call opposition to nuke plants "bitching".

TOS.
We do need better, cleaner energy sources. But to get rid of the existing energy sources, or bankrupt people to pay for them, isn't the answer. The government is harming individuals by the taxes placed on these sources, as all those costs are passed on to you and me. Your point is good but the result needs to be reached by other methods.

Kmart sux. So does walmart.

rod

Retired 22 years
Dear TOS,

I would be happy if more dollars were spent improving coal fired power plants so that they didn't pollute as much. Just the USA alone has over 200 years of cheap coal in its reserves (that it knows about) that is there for the taking. I see you are one of those that assume that if the USA shuts down all their coal fired plants the world will be saved. Apparently you haven't seen any of the pollution pictures coming out of China and India.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dear TOS,

I would be happy if more dollars were spent improving coal fired power plants so that they didn't pollute as much. Just the USA alone has over 200 years of cheap coal in its reserves (that it knows about) that is there for the taking. I see you are one of those that assume that if the USA shuts down all their coal fired plants the world will be saved. Apparently you haven't seen any of the pollution pictures coming out of China and India.

ROD, you call COAL cheap, but thats on the production end. How do you explain the skyrocketing costs to treat the people with all the deseases relating to coal inhalation?? The costs to treat workers with cancers is bankrupting many families.

As for China and India, dont fool yourself. I have posted on this board many times about china and india. I have posted pictures of the air and the masks that the people have to wear everyday while outside.

Unfortunately, YOU are the kind of guy who would like to see coal expand to the point where you would have to wear a mask everyday outside, just like the people of china who have no voice when it comes to pollution or regulation on corporate polluters.

Air contamination takes years to establish, and by the time its determined to be hazardous, its too late to clean it.

Dont kid yourself, I watch all countries and the pollution they create and the excuses made for it.

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Chevrolet has sold just 58,158 Volts since the car went on sale 39 months ago, despite price cuts and heavy discounting. In comparison, the best-selling Ford friend-series pickup last month sold more than 70,000.

rod

Retired 22 years
ROD, you call COAL cheap, but thats on the production end. How do you explain the skyrocketing costs to treat the people with all the deseases relating to coal inhalation?? The costs to treat workers with cancers is bankrupting many families.

As for China and India, dont fool yourself. I have posted on this board many times about china and india. I have posted pictures of the air and the masks that the people have to wear everyday while outside.

Unfortunately, YOU are the kind of guy who would like to see coal expand to the point where you would have to wear a mask everyday outside, just like the people of china who have no voice when it comes to pollution or regulation on corporate polluters.

Air contamination takes years to establish, and by the time its determined to be hazardous, its too late to clean it.

Dont kid yourself, I watch all countries and the pollution they create and the excuses made for it.

TOS.

Yes I would love to see coal expanded if they find better ways to burn it so it don't pollute as much. Actually some of the more modern coal fired plants are quite clean burning. I have to laugh at the way you put your own spin on what others say. I've always said coal needs to clean up its act.

MAKAVELI

Yes I would love to see coal expanded if they find better ways to burn it so it don't pollute as much. Actually some of the more modern coal fired plants are quite clean burning. I have to laugh at the way you put your own spin on what others say. I've always said coal needs to clean up its act.
Only way to clean up the co2 from coal is through carbon capture and sequestration. The technology is very expensive and unproven, nullifying how cheap and plentiful coal is.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Solar and wind have been around for decades and costs are nothing compared to cleaning up coal. There is no toxic waste associated with solar and wind either.
.....and solar & wind can completely supply the electricity that this country uses ????????? Dream on. Decades away if at all.

rod

Retired 22 years
Solar and wind have been around for decades and costs are nothing compared to cleaning up coal. There is no toxic waste associated with solar and wind either.

Both solar and wind have very limited use and will never become major players in the producing electricity dept.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Look up this story ...
UK deep freeze knocks out all wind turbines .
Just when the nation needed all the power , the intense cold froze solid all the wind turbines .