Government Motors

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Tesla had trouble too....

"This is not the first battery fire in an electrified vehicle, as it followed cases in GM's Chevrolet Volt and Mitsubishi's (7211.T) i-MiEV. Boeing Co (BA.N) also dealt with lithium-ion battery fires in its new Dreamliner plane earlier this year.
Analysts pointed out that warnings inside the Model S in the Washington incident alerted the driver in plenty of time to pull over and exit, and that the fire never entered the vehicle's interior cabin."

look it up.
I give up.
You're right. "Electrified" vehicles are dangerous and can burst into flames at any moment without warning. Maybe in the future we can get back to this argument, but for now 1.21 Jiggawatts is just too dangerous.
back-to-the-future.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm surprised few are talking about GM violating federal bankruptcy law by hiding a material liability during the bankruptcy.
That's a federal crime .
But recall how non-union Toyota was crucified for a non-existent defect.

The rule of law is dead in America.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Electrified vehicles aren't as clean as touted by the likes of O'Reilly. Where does the electricity come from?? It depends were it comes from as to how clean it is.

oldngray

nowhere special
Electrified vehicles aren't as clean as touted by the likes of O'Reilly. Where does the electricity come from?? It depends were it comes from as to how clean it is.

That electricity comes from elves in trees free of charge. Not one of those filthy nasty coal burning power plants of course.

island1fox

Makes sense --Close down and eliminate all Coal In the United State --and then Government pushes and supports Cars that depend on Coal as a fuel !!

MAKAVELI

BUT, you don't do it overnight and you don't cut off your nose to spite your face. It's like burning bridges.....you don't do it !!!
Sure you do. When you have a cancerous tumor on your nose and is spreading, you have no choice but to cut it off. Then with plastic surgery, rebuild a new nose.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If bhos was really into destroying our coal industry , the first thing he should do is stop all those underground coal fires .
Think of all the pollution that is being emitted on a daily basis . And the EPA can not fine anyone for it .

rod

Retired 22 years
Shutting down the dirtiest source of energy is the best thing for our environment in the long run.

So what is your solution then when the US has shut down their coal plants and the rest of the world (especially China and India) are building new ones that go on line every week. Yes they do pollute but UNTIL we have a better solution (that is even the least bit economical) and until we can also stop the millions of acres that burn all over the world yearly you are living in a pipe dream. I hate to burst any ones bubble but the USA going Green isn't going to save the World. The "environment" don't give a damn if a little country like the USA stops polluting.