Green check for supervisors

Sbrown72

Its been over two weeks since I told my manager about my check being shorted and he told me he would adjust it. What can I do as a part time supervisor to get my missing money?

trickpony1

What can I do as a part time supervisor to get my missing money?

- go to HR?
- go to Dept of Labor?
- accept it as a rite of passage?
- accept it as initiation into management. They want to see if their psych ops will work on you. Promotion possible.
- let it go and feel blessed you have a job.

oldbrownguy

Its been over two weeks since I told my manager about my check being shorted and he told me he would adjust it. What can I do as a part time supervisor to get my missing money?
Ask him once more, then go to the Div Mgr. If you don't have any luck there, take it to HR. You have to do what you have to do...

WTFm8

Document all interactions trying to get the money.

I was shorted at a previous employer for 4 hours.

2 months and 29 documented attempts later with names, I emailed the info to DOL and the next morning I had a response from DOL and when I went in later for my shift I was greeted by 2 people from HR to have the hours added because of it.

Mooseknuckle

Document all interactions trying to get the money.

I was shorted at a previous employer for 4 hours.

2 months and 29 documented attempts later with names, I emailed the info to DOL and the next morning I had a response from DOL and when I went in later for my shift I was greeted by 2 people from HR to have the hours added because of it.
What state is that?

trickpony1

Pa. The DOL rep also gave me his extension and had me call when I got the back pay to verify it was taken care of.

The sad part is management will act all indignant now that you've contacted an outside enforcement agency.

Prepare for possible retaliation.

Even more ironic is I bet you aren't the first UPS employee that has contacted them.

WTFm8

The sad part is management will act all indignant now that you've contacted an outside enforcement agency.

Prepare for possible retaliation.

Even more ironic is I bet you aren't the first UPS employee that has contacted them.

It was at a previous employer.

Observer

No they don't retaliate - if they did the DOL would go in and do a full blown audit. Guess what - they have to comply. DOL is the one group they have learned not to screw with.