Greetings

Luxx

I have been lurking for a while. I work at (location) which will remain private. Just part time - as I am in college. Been there for four months now. Pretty easy and physically active work as a handler/loader/unloader. I did join the Local after my probation period was up. Didn't seem right to take advantage of the Union contract without joining - must be that conscience thing so many lack today.

What never has ceased to amaze me is people who take this job - knowing full well you will be required to come to work at 2, 3, 4am - and then moan, complain, walk around all sleepy-eyed, and generally act like complete jerks because it is early and they can't get to bed on time. I have nothing good to say about many of the part time employee's. Sad that their behavior reflects on all the part-timers. On the up side - these people tend to last about 2 weeks - just a continuous revolving door imo.

I have been lurking for a while. I work at (location) which will remain private. Just part time - as I am in college. Been there for four months now. Pretty easy and physically active work as a handler/loader/unloader. I did join the Local after my probation period was up. Didn't seem right to take advantage of the Union contract without joining - must be that conscience thing so many lack today.

What never has ceased to amaze me is people who take this job - knowing full well you will be required to come to work at 2, 3, 4am - and then moan, complain, walk around all sleepy-eyed, and generally act like complete jerks because it is early and they can't get to bed on time. I have nothing good to say about many of the part time employee's. Sad that their behavior reflects on all the part-timers. On the up side - these people tend to last about 2 weeks - just a continuous revolving door imo.
Welcome to Brown Cafe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are just working here while at college and do not plan on making this your career you probably should not have joined the union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will feel better asking for the Unions help being a Union member when you have pay or discipline issues. Management will respect you more also.

For the most part PT employees who are also college students tend to keep their noses clean while at work. They are there to put a few $$$ in their pockets and the last thing they need is to give some of those $$$ to a union that they will not need.

PT Car Washer

For the most part PT employees who are also college students tend to keep their noses clean while at work. They are there to put a few $$$ in their pockets and the last thing they need is to give some of those $$$ to a union that they will not need.
PT employees who are college students tend to party too much and have attendance issues. And when they have pay problems (like everyone has) the first thing the manager wants to know is "did you talk to your Union steward?". Most of the PT employees start out thinking like they don't need the Union if they just come in and do their work but quickly find out different.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

PT employees who are college students tend to party too much and have attendance issues. And when they have pay problems (like everyone has) the first thing the manager wants to know is "did you talk to your Union steward?". Most of the PT employees start out thinking like they don't need the Union if they just come in and do their work but quickly find out different.

I disagree-----my last loader was a FT college student. Never late, rarely called in, busted his ass. He had no choice but to join the union as we work in a closed shop but if he were in a RTW state I would have advised him to save his money.