Greg Kerwoods Contract Review

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know my local wasn't at the national negotiation committee I also know at least 14 didn't show up to the 2 man committee. I also know just like every two man meeting it was a meeting to see who the top brass needed to remove.

Hmmm didn't the last two man meeting endorse the contract?

Come on bubble... 5 questions and then a "I WANT TO MAKE A MOTION TO ENDORSE THIS HISTORIC CONTRACT... THANK YOU SO MUCH SEAN FOR DOING A GREAT JOB.!" Oh and then what happen Sean attack anyone that questioned the pension move and or didn't endorse the contract. I'm assuming you were there or did you sit out so that you didn't have to take responsibility?

Say what you want bubble but the math is simple. If your local wasn't recieving the same as everyone else in the national you'd be up in arms because you'd have to answer for it but luckily this contract you're on the winning side so you can easily sell it.

My local went to learn the intent of all the language to best inform 542 members. They were suckered into a endorse or DIE scenario. Because yeah it was a coincidence that 89 sent this out days later.....
View attachment 441214
So the 14 didn't show up because they were scared?

....and Local 89 was squabbling over MRA language, but at least had the balls to show up and say so.

So again, where were your guys at the table and since?

Btw, my answer remains the same, I want all regions and locals to enjoy the same benefit levels going forward to ensure that we are all voting for, the interests of all Teamsters in the Master, not just those in "my area".

542thruNthru

Btw, my answer remains the same, I want all regions and locals to enjoy the same benefit levels going forward to ensure that we are all voting for, the interests of all Teamsters in the Master, not just those in "my area".
I want us all to be the same as well but apparently that didn't happen this time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Greg said it himself, it's very difficult to get back previous concessions.

....so why would we think we could reverse 20+ years in one five year contract.

Wake up Wally and stop trying to get it all back in one bite.
Raw Deal for some locals, great deal for others. Great way to divide Teamsters! UPS wins!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why didn't they? Is it because they told me the same line as you that OZ wasn't coming for my pension and they had to back their master or pay the price?
Cowards that will pay the price anyway if that is true, but to their true master, the membership for not owning it.
So just say it then. We took from others to make my members feel they get the same.
Okay? Just like when many got forced into TeamCare when the west carved out instead.
Thats true. But let me let you in on another secret. You're areas short sightedness of only organizing areas you knew(freight) and watching them die is what hurt you. You also ignored the PTers for some strange reason. You had all the possibilities as my area and any other but your people stuck to what they knew and it died. Real question. How many members has your local organized this year? Do you have an organizer on staff?
Nope, the upside down ratio of retirees to active participants is what turned those pensions upside down.

....because Central Region freight companies ( the vast majority) moved freight east and west, with no ocean to containerized the flow.

Where I will agree is in the shortsightedness in organizing, for the whole country, including the west.

....but that guy is gone and I am proud to say that my local's membership has grown nearly 25% as a result of the O'Brien/Zuckerman administration.

We couldn't have done it without them.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

At this point the deal is done. I respect everyone’s opinion here, But I don’t think anything is changing. Even with a no vote. There definitely is a lot on the line.

542thruNthru

Cowards that will pay the price anyway if that is true, but to their true master, the membership for not owning it.

Okay? Just like when many got forced into TeamCare when the west carved out instead.

Nope, the upside down ratio of retirees to active participants is what turned those pensions upside down.

....because Central Region freight companies ( the vast majority) moved freight east and west, with no ocean to containerized the flow.

Where I will agree is in the shortsightedness in organizing, for the whole country, including the west.

....but that guy is gone and I am proud to say that my local's membership has grown nearly 25% as a result of the O'Brien/Zuckerman administration.

We couldn't have done it without them.
Well I have to agree with @Thebrownblob on this one. The deal is done and I'm happy you guy got what you needed. It's also fun for me to watch all the huge OZ supporters all of sudden realize politics kicked them in the balls again.

I gotta drive home now. I'll see you all later tonight or tomorrow after my local gets reamed by the membership for "endorsing " this contract.

TggGF1KhgnTkcCYjew.gif

MostHelpNeeded

I'm in New England, so my pension contributions aren't really an issue like the west...

..With that said, I can see why this is not OK. To me, it's the equivalent of someone in Alabama being told they're not getting a raise like the rest of the country because, well, the money they make is 'good enough' for that area.

Plain an simple, the pension contribution is part of our raise. When one area gets more than another, how is that unifying?

Wally

Nope, puts us on a more even playing field.
What else can we do to "level the playing field"? Take away wages from some and give it to others? After all, it's expensive in some areas, not so much in others. Eliminate seniority so those at the bottom can have a chance? That road is endless.

Wally

I know my local wasn't at the national negotiation committee I also know at least 14 didn't show up to the 2 man committee. I also know just like every two man meeting it was a meeting to see who the top brass needed to remove.

Hmmm didn't the last two man meeting endorse the contract?

Come on bubble... 5 questions and then a "I WANT TO MAKE A MOTION TO ENDORSE THIS HISTORIC CONTRACT... THANK YOU SO MUCH SEAN FOR DOING A GREAT JOB.!" Oh and then what happen Sean attack anyone that questioned the pension move and or didn't endorse the contract. I'm assuming you were there or did you sit out so that you didn't have to take responsibility?

Say what you want bubble but the math is simple. If your local wasn't recieving the same as everyone else in the national you'd be up in arms because you'd have to answer for it but luckily this contract you're on the winning side so you can easily sell it.

My local went to learn the intent of all the language to best inform 542 members. They were suckered into a endorse or DIE scenario. Because yeah it was a coincidence that 89 sent this out days later.....
View attachment 441214
What pension plan is local 89 in?