Greg Kerwoods Contract Review

....or vote no and not try to influence others from the platform he built for himself?

Again, to each his own....but own it or I say goofy.

Btw, nobody answers my other question, did he stand with his Local supporting this contract before arriving at his online conclusions?
Not much more "owning it" than putting your name and face out there and telling people how you feel.

RoswellHub

He shouldn't use social media to talk about the contract!!

View attachment 441168

"The video", which one?

Probably not.

No offense, I don't dedicate much time to random video bloggers who's credentials aren't evident.

I screw around here during random free moments out of habit, which is probably a bad habit.
No offense taken. But yeah it is a long video. I thought it was good and fair. Very honest. I can link it below. It is a hour long, but he basically says at the end he was voting no and that is his opinion alone and nobody elses. He was not supporting a vote no movement of any kind. Like I said they are making a straw man arguement out of him.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No offense taken. But yeah it is a long video. I thought it was good and fair. Very honest. I can link it below. It is a hour long, but he basically says at the end he was voting no and that is his opinion alone and nobody elses. He was not supporting a vote no movement of any kind. Like I said they are making a straw man arguement out of him.

I did watch that one, listened actually while driving.

....which is what lead me to my conclusions.

Again, I found it a passive aggressive attempt to say something relevant and different.

"Best contract in 30 years, but I can't vote for it".

"Can't get everything back in one contract cycle, but it falls short of our own proposal samplings".

Whatever, good luck with your YouTube channel, I hope you eventually make some money from it.

RoswellHub

I did watch that one, listened actually while driving.

....which is what lead me to my conclusions.

Again, I found it a passive aggressive attempt to say something relevant and different.

"Best contract in 30 years, but I can't vote for it".

"Can't get everything back in one contract cycle, but it falls short of our own proposal samplings".

Whatever, good luck with your YouTube channel, I hope you eventually make some money from it.
Thank you brother! He is upset because the major issue of excessive overtime is still an issue. This would of been a very good contract to fix that problem with the stars being aligned. I agree with him in a lot of senses, but I might vote yes. Not to sure right now.

As far as the money on YouTube. I feel like if I started making money off of it, it would diminish what our goals are.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thank you brother! He is upset because the major issue of excessive overtime is still an issue. This would of been a very good contract to fix that problem with the stars being aligned. I agree with him in a lot of senses, but I might vote yes. Not to sure right now.

As far as the money on YouTube. I feel like if I started making money off of it, it would diminish what our goals are.
Since April and until recently (for reasons I don't understand), 9.5 was under control in my Local.

COVID left the Company with no choice in 2020 and 2021.

I have always subscribed to the notion that as wages increase, the scales will tip away from forced OT being profitable....and I still believe that.

This new 9.5 language "ups" the ante in my opinion.

....and I don't subscribe to the notion that UPS will spend where they don't need to out of spite.

Btw, if it works out, don't begrudge any money your YouTube channel generates if it comes to that.

What's going on everybody?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is a ridiculous notion in my mind.

How can the Company be responsible for additional pension contributions for an employee past their separation date....and why would they ever agree to that?

Times of accelerated inflation typically coincide with many other downward metrics within the economy, meaning the Company likely won't be as profitable then either during those time-frames.

To expect UPS to embrace any unknown and unpredictable continuing liability after you leave the company is ludicrous.

So make as much money as you can while you are there, support all measures to increase your defined benefit at retirement and save as much as you need to supplement any gaps that you have created in your lifestyle and enjoy your retirement.

....and divorce the notion that the Company or Union owes you anything further.

Yeah that’s the ticket take the folks that helped you get $50 an hour and 7 weeks vacation and kick them to the curb like yesterdays trash
SMDH it’s all about me

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
With inflation, is freezing the amount of funds going into benefits wise? Something to consider before voting.

oie_animation.gif
Hit the nail on the head. I talked with some about this on Friday..

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yeah that’s the ticket take the folks that helped you get $50 an hour and 7 weeks vacation and kick them to the curb like yesterdays trash
SMDH it’s all about me
That's not what I said or implied Pal and I resent that implication.

I said "divorce yourself from the notion that they owe you anything further" after you retire.

I am a proud member of the Retired Teamsters Club at my local.