Greiving for seniority

So it's been a pretty common issue but today really pissed me off. I've been loading trucks for almost 2 years and have expressed a few times that I want a spot on the route slide but nothing ever happens. Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that they've been bringing newer people onto the route slide randomly. But today I walk out to the smoke area when they called break and this new kid, been here about 2 or 3 weeks, comes out and starts bragging about how when he walked in he said if you guys put me on an fd up spot today I'm walking out and never coming back in and the put him on the route slide. Can I as a loader who's been waiting for a position on the route slide greive for something like this?

So it's been a pretty common issue but today really pissed me off. I've been loading trucks for almost 2 years and have expressed a few times that I want a spot on the route slide but nothing ever happens. Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that they've been bringing newer people onto the route slide randomly. But today I walk out to the smoke area when they called break and this new kid, been here about 2 or 3 weeks, comes out and starts bragging about how when he walked in he said if you guys put me on an fd up spot today I'm walking out and never coming back in and the put him on the route slide. Can I as a loader who's been waiting for a position on the route slide greive for something like this?
We were always told that you can't bid a certain set of cars to load.

We were always told that you can't bid a certain set of cars to load.
That's interesting, I haven't heard that before but that's not exactly what I'm meaning. I'm talking a whole different position all together not getting a specific set of trucks. Route slide is where you load packages in cages that go to loaders

11.19igrad

That's interesting, I haven't heard that before but that's not exactly what I'm meaning. I'm talking a whole different position all together not getting a specific set of trucks. Route slide is where you load packages in cages that go to loaders
i think unless its a bid sheet that you signed, any "requests or interests" are mute.

STACK OUT UNTIL THE SUPE MOVES YOU
I've tried this several times with no luck. I literally have to stack to the point that I'm actually concerned for my safety before a supe even cares and at that point there just like we're just ganna pull someone over to help get some of your stacks in

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

show some balls

walkout and never go back they’re punkin ya bad

542thruNthru

You could try this but I don't know if it would apply.
sketch-1596310780721.jpg

We call that a boxline versus a belt load. No, you are still wanting to change a group of cars to load. Preferred job list would not apply because you are a preloader regardless of where or how the packages come to you.

D

Deleted member 77202

Good luck.
Unless you are very close buddies with the person who makes all the decisions, it's doubtful that you'll get a specific preload job position.

I tried showing those few typed paragraphs from the union book -- (see above post) to my steward to make a case for the specific job I wanted, and his answer was, "I spoke to the Supervisor about the position you wanted, and he said that he doesn't do it that way."

Well, as a last resort, there is another way of getting what you want at UPS that I've seen work in my building many times:
throw a daily & very loud temper tantrum, use as many profane words as you can think of, blame everyone else for problems you cause, be a no call/no show as often as you like, be rude and obnoxious to your co-workers, and most importantly -- be sure to slam/smash/throw stuff when things aren't going right, and I guarantee you'll get your way. :angry-very2::angry::angry-very:

chicken alfredo

Tough nuggets kid .. just gotta suck it up and do your job the best you can until you can officially bid on another inside job, make full time , or find a different job altogether . Sucks but that’s how it is . Life in Big Brown.