Grieved DQ Still Lost

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hello, I was dq’d for not scratching the route 5 times within the 30 days (only scratched 2 times). However I covered 2 other routes during the 30 days. I filed and the BA called to tell me that he was unable to get them to qualify me or even give me another 30 days.

Did you attend the Local hearing ?

He said he doesn’t recommend we take it to panel because they are going to say the same thing.

Tell him to slate it for the panel.

It's no skin off your nose, to hear it from the panel. Just make sure you attend.... to offer your story.

I don’t feel that this BA is willing to fight the company, and I think he doesn’t want to take it to panel because he just doesn’t want the extra work.

Technically.... it's not a contract violation for the company to DQ you.

Sounds like your BA went to bat for you, and couldn't convince them to work something out.

-Bug-

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Don't worry. I have a feeling they will be begging you to try another 30 in a month or so.

Hell, our hub just hired 100 drivers off the street they are so desperate.

Zowert

It’s your second DQ, there really is not much you can do at this point. It sounds like that center just isn’t in the mood to hire more drivers right now. Try applying for a seasonal driving job during peak, if they bring you in then work hard and hope they see something in you they like. Best of luck to you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
unless your retired life sucks so bad that any of this * is relevant lol.. When I retire, you guys will never hear or see me again and im sure celebrations will erupt and champagne will pop across the country lol..
You work in a climate controlled, safe environment. While your job is essential and I’m sure you made friends in the office, it’s not the same as working in operations as a driver or loader or any other physicaly demanding and stressful job at UPS. It’s like being in the trenches, there’s a comaraderie that develops that’s different from one that happens in an office. Understand I’m not demeaning your job in anyway, but there’s a difference.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
unless your retired life sucks so bad that any of this * is relevant lol.. When I retire, you guys will never hear or see me again and im sure celebrations will erupt and champagne will pop across the country lol..
I’m going to take a cue from the last strong union steward we had when he retired. Just punch out and go home. No cake, no balloons. Never came back. He probably went deer hunting the next day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
10293AE5-45C0-4382-B037-D48ABE4A2487.gif

allahuakbar

She/Her
You work in a climate controlled, safe environment. While your job is essential and I’m sure you made friends in the office, it’s not the same as working in operations as a driver or loader or any other physicaly demanding and stressful job at UPS. It’s like being in the trenches, there’s a comaraderie that develops that’s different from one that happens in an office. Understand I’m not demeaning your job in anyway, but there’s a difference.
What’s demanding and stressful about this job? I went from an office gig to package. This is the easiest job I’ve ever had.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's not possible to work through your lunch and deliver and the company not know it. And all that means.

They can, and do, look the other way. But it comes back to bite them when they can't qualify new drivers, and their numbers tank when rabbits get hurt. They just hope they get transferred or retire before it becomes a real problem.