Grieved DQ Still Lost

roblejant

Hello, I was dq’d for not scratching the route 5 times within the 30 days (only scratched 2 times). However I covered 2 other routes during the 30 days. I filed and the BA called to tell me that he was unable to get them to qualify me or even give me another 30 days. He said he doesn’t recommend we take it to panel because they are going to say the same thing. I don’t feel that this BA is willing to fight the company, and I think he doesn’t want to take it to panel because he just doesn’t want the extra work. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

542thruNthru

Hello, I was dq’d for not scratching the route 5 times within the 30 days (only scratched 2 times). However I covered 2 other routes during the 30 days. I filed and the BA called to tell me that he was unable to get them to qualify me or even give me another 30 days. He said he doesn’t recommend we take it to panel because they are going to say the same thing. I don’t feel that this BA is willing to fight the company, and I think he doesn’t want to take it to panel because he just doesn’t want the extra work. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
What Supplemental agreement are you?

542thruNthru

Western. I’m in Southern California
Mind if I ask what local?

A automatic pass if moved around is members myth from what I've seen and been told by our local. Though if you were changed from your route you should have a case for getting another 30 days because you weren't given a honest chance to pass.

I don't know your whole case and if their was any other issues like telematics or late air or even that you may have scratched twice but were 3 hours in the hole every other day you drove.

roblejant

Mind if I ask what local?

A automatic pass if moved around is members myth from what I've seen and been told by our local. Though if you were changed from your route you should have a case for getting another 30 days because you weren't given a honest chance to pass.

I don't know your whole case and if their was any other issues like telematics or late air or even that you may have scratched twice but were 3 hours in the hole every other day you drove.
Pm’d

Karma...

How many days were you not on your regular route ?........Those days dont count here so make the offer to use those days on your regular route and scratch....asking for another 30 days is unreasonable ...asking for 30 days total on your regular route is fair.

roblejant

How many days were you not on your regular route ?........Those days dont count here so make the offer to use those days on your regular route and scratch
Had me cover a different routes on 2 days. Also forced me in every Saturday and the route was different those days as well. I was told they consolidated routes on Saturdays so while I still had the same route on Saturdays, I was in different areas

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They DQ'd you because they don't want you for some reason. If you had scratched 5 times they would have given you a different excuse but they still would have DQ'd you. If they wanted you they would have qualified you even if you never scratched once.

Karma...

so thats 6 days to scratch 3 more times to make the 5.........I would think that your union representation would have brought this up..

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
180 stops, and they wanted me back at the building by 4pm. Said I was supposed to be at my first stop at 9:15am. I argued this and they said they don’t take traffic into account for return to building time.
How many other new guys started...

What did they do differently...

Most importantly...

Ask yourself what you could have done to get it done?

Are there any circumstances that are keeping you from getting it done....

Honestly.

roblejant

Most importantly...

Honestly.
From what I understand that center has had 15 openings for over a year. They haven’t qualified anyone recently.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Most importantly...

Honestly.
I should pin these questions to the center manager's computer