Ground Folks: Reactions to Delivering Express

It will be fine

Lol. 2 call in sick. Then what? Let me guess. You got guys on the sidelines ready to go because you’re like the best contractor ever in the world? Come on bro lol
OMG bro! Call ins?!!! In my twenty something years running a business I’ve never had a driver call in sick let alone 2!!!!! What would I ever do?!! My mind is totally blown and now I’m terrified of how my company could ever possibly operate. Please help me bro!

I can’t imagine thinking this was a good argument. SMH

bacha29

OMG bro! Call ins?!!! In my twenty something years running a business I’ve never had a driver call in sick let alone 2!!!!! What would I ever do?!! My mind is totally blown and now I’m terrified of how my company could ever possibly operate. Please help me bro!

I see you're still deceiving yourself with the illusion that you're running a business.

As long as Fat Freddy's trademarked brand and DOT numbers are on the side of the truck and the only thing going in it is
Fat Freddy's bar coded freight.....trust me pal....you ain't running a business

Unless you what to think of your current capacity as one of Fat Freddy's servants running along behind picking up after him as a business?.....Ok. you can think of it as that if it makes you feel better.

It will be fine

I see you're still deceiving yourself with the illusion that you're running a business.

As long as Fat Freddy's trademarked brand and DOT numbers are on the side of the truck and the only thing going in it is
Fat Freddy's bar coded freight.....trust me pal....you ain't running a business

Unless you what to think of your current capacity as one of Fat Freddy's servants running along behind picking up after him as a business?.....Ok. you can think of it as that if it makes you feel better.
Novel idea. Never heard that one before. So enlightening.

lilwizbiz

Sounds good. On top of the extra 20-30 drivers you’d have to hire for double or triple the amount of volume, you would still have extra drivers on the side to cover call ins. The fact that you think these guys are still giving up the company to Joe’s logistics Is beyond me.

It will be fine

Sounds good. On top of the extra 20-30 drivers you’d have to hire for double or triple the amount of volume, you would still have extra drivers on the side to cover call ins. The fact that you think these guys are still giving up the company to Joe’s logistics Is beyond me.
Express handles 20% of the volume Ground does domestically daily. How do you make that add up to triple my current volume? Math must not be your strong suit.

It will be fine

Lmaoo. Higher revenues but they handle 20% of the volume. Logic
Do you really not understand? The information is public. Ground delivers around 10 million packages per day. Express does 2-3 millions domestically. They do 6.5 million worldwide daily. They charge more to fly boxes than truck them, genius.

SmithBarney

Do you really not understand? The information is public. Ground delivers around 10 million packages per day. Express does 2-3 millions domestically. They do 6.5 million worldwide daily. They charge more to fly boxes than truck them, genius.
Don't forget 40-50% of Express have AM commit times. Ground will have a tough time. Even my station even if we only delivered FO/PO/SO We'd still need almost every driver we have. The only areas I could see them dumping to ground would be our PM areas that are pure 1630 commit for PO. And if they close our Station and run us from the Ramp(or even ground facility) it means adding 1hr(or 45min from Ground) stem to area for every route, we'd get on road sooner, but nearly every route would still be running 7-8hrs. Gonna ride it out, fairly close to early retirement if I have too. top 10 seniority too. yay.

lilwizbiz

Don't forget 40-50% of Express have AM commit times. Ground will have a tough time. Even my station even if we only delivered FO/PO/SO We'd still need almost every driver we have. The only areas I could see them dumping to ground would be our PM areas that are pure 1630 commit for PO. And if they close our Station and run us from the Ramp(or even ground facility) it means adding 1hr(or 45min from Ground) stem to area for every route, we'd get on road sooner, but nearly every route would still be running 7-8hrs. Gonna ride it out, fairly close to early retirement if I have too. top 10 seniority too. yay.
It’s not happening. You guys act like you’re new hires, like you don’t know how the company is. All bark no bite. They’ll merge the stations in the middle of nowhere with barely any volume. They’re not doing this :censored2: in cities. You’re gonna close a major express station say in like New York. Think about it. Just think about it.

SmithBarney

It’s not happening. You guys act like you’re new hires, like you don’t know how the company is. All bark no bite. They’ll merge the stations in the middle of nowhere with barely any volume. They’re not doing this :censored2: in cities. You’re gonna close a major express station say in like New York. Think about it. Just think about it.
Stick your head in the sand... enjoy. And that's not what I was saying... I said I can't see them doing it, but I can see it going all PT. I can see them selling out the routes to Contractors as employees vacate routes.

lilwizbiz

Stick your head in the sand... enjoy. And that's not what I was saying... I said I can't see them doing it, but I can see it going all PT. I can see them selling out the routes to Contractors as employees vacate routes.
Get off the internet my friend. Making you paranoid. Control the controllables.

yadig

I can’t wait too see your posts a year from now!😂

Nolimitz

Get off the internet my friend. Making you paranoid. Control the controllables.
1682088258453.png

lilwizbiz

I can’t wait too see your posts a year from now!😂
Lol that’s all everyone says, nobody provides anything factual. Board’s funny af. Believes unverified information from some dude on browncafe. Unless my manager himself comes up to me and says I’m being let go then it’s business as usual. Not gonna make decisions based on gossip. I suggest y’all do the same instead of hoping for people to lose their jobs. Childish

bacha29

Lol that’s all everyone says, nobody provides anything factual. Board’s funny af. Believes unverified information from some dude on browncafe. Unless my manager himself comes up to me and says I’m being let go then it’s business as usual. Not gonna make decisions based on gossip. I suggest y’all do the same instead of hoping for people to lose their jobs. Childish
Remember the old saying....." Ye who hesitates is lost". Now if you're in a position to retire...retire. However if you know that you will still need quite a number of years of quality employment.....then mount up regulators and go rope and brand the best new jobs.....They won't be there for long.

BoxDriver

Attachments

• EA6C5FE4-9649-483E-B919-9BFB8604E162.jpeg
    EA6C5FE4-9649-483E-B919-9BFB8604E162.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 32

lilwizbiz

If wanting an official document from the company is considered drinking the kool aid these days then I guess yeah I have. Whatever floats your boat bro

It will be fine

In my experience the information I find online is often more accurate and timely than anything I get from local management.