Ground Folks: Reactions to Delivering Express

It will be fine

Look bro if it were that easy they'd be switching over the large metro stations already. It really doesn't matter what you think is easy because at this point you have no experience with all the services Express offers. Until then you're just pissing into the wind.
So you don’t actually have an explanation. Just, “it’s super hard, bro! You don’t get it! Hurr durr!”

It will be fine

You do realize ground misses most of their pickups. That’s unacceptable at express. Plane leaves at 9, it won’t wait for you.
You just look ignorant now. There is no Ground contractor that misses most of their pickups. If they are missing more than 1-2 per month they won’t have a contract. Hot cuts leave the Ground terminal at 9, they don’t wait for us, it’s a big deal if pickups aren’t back by 8. Anything else you care to be wrong about?

SmithBarney

There’s too much money at stake for it to not work. It’ll work because it has to. I’m not too worried.
Just like response? too much money? we doubled our staff and rented vehicles for nearly 2 years costing about $400k, not including cost of employees. That got tossed out.

If it fails(don't think it will, but it will hurt fedex) but if it does and fedex decides they need dedicated "express" drivers again, all the old high dollar ones will be gone and new ones can be hired at lower wages...

Gone fishin

You just look ignorant now. There is no Ground contractor that misses most of their pickups. If they are missing more than 1-2 per month they won’t have a contract. Hot cuts leave the Ground terminal at 9, they don’t wait for us, it’s a big deal if pickups aren’t back by 8. Anything else you care to be wrong about?
Well, that’s simply not even close to the truth. Every express driver is laughing at your post

SmithBarney

I've been around the country many states, 20-30 routes, each one had complaints of ground never showing up. Currently Ground never shows up at Walgreens or Dollar General in my area.. after 2nd time I'll grab the stuff because "integrity" reports go to ground via my management team.. but they just disappear, never addressed.

SmithBarney

Sure , if you’re going to pay more drivers and more trucks for each area. Better get a line of credit for a 125 rt station
How are you going to handle the guy who normally runs 20 stops an hour for the first 3 hours, now that he has to make commitments in the AM and run 5-8 stops an hour, you think he'll still stand for his flat rate pay when he's now out 3 more hours a day.

It will be fine

Well what do you know about Express service that we don't?
I’ve asked you repeatedly how having more trucks covering the same area would make it impossible to provide the same service. You can’t answer sensibly because you are flat out wrong. Sorry this upsets you. I can’t fix stupid.

bacha29

Well, that’s simply not even close to the truth. Every express driver is laughing at your post
The entire matter will be decided in out rural America. Home home on the range Where the deer and the antelope play. Where they'll often be heard a discouraging word waiting for Ground to finally show up that day .

MAKAVELI

I’ve asked you repeatedly how having more trucks covering the same area would make it impossible to provide the same service. You can’t answer sensibly because you are flat out wrong. Sorry this upsets you. I can’t fix stupid.
Having more trucks means nothing when your drivers aren't properly trained and don't care about service. That is why they took the Met Customer option away from ground and now will be monitored and disciplined for unsafe actions while driving.

Gone fishin

Truth be told I’m financially sound , I can leave tomorrow. What I hate is seeing a company that was built by the veteran couriers that can’t quite retire yet. Some will struggle to live the life they worked so hard for. Pandemic , heat , humidity , snow , ice. They worked through it all.
Then the 15 year guys that have to start over again. They have houses and kids , they’ve built up weeks vacations and pension/ 401 k’s.
Those guys had a lot to do with making Fred a billionaire.
This is all for the stockholders and upper management and greed. They casted all these people aside , will probably ruin some lives, to give most of the money to people that never evened worked here.
That’s what pisses me off.

bacha29

Having more trucks means nothing when your drivers aren't properly trained and don't care about service. That is why they took the Met Customer option away from ground and now will be monitored and disciplined for unsafe actions while driving.
Good point. When you're handling Fat Freddy's legacy product, that person might be getting paid by the contractor but that will be the extent of the contractor's involvement. Every aspect of that contractor paid truck and driver will be completely controlled by FDX management and will be treated in the same manner as it did it's own Express drivers because in the eyes of Fat Freddy they're all the same.

The contractor will be nothing more than a secretary/quartermaster/payroll clerk.

MAKAVELI

Good point. When you're handling Fat Freddy's legacy product, that person might be getting paid by the contractor but that will be the extent of the contractor's involvement. Every aspect of that contractor paid truck and driver will be completely controlled by FDX management and will be treated in the same manner as it did it's own Express drivers because in the eyes of Fat Freddy they're all the same.

The contractor will be nothing more than a secretary/quartermaster/payroll clerk.
And guess what all this FedEx micromanagement of ground drivers will do to contractors like @It will be fine bottom line? Squeezed like a grape.

lilwizbiz

Just because you’re poorly managed doesn’t mean every transportation company is. Split your work between 4-5 trucks and those route breaks are much less impactful.
Lol. 2 call in sick. Then what? Let me guess. You got guys on the sidelines ready to go because you’re like the best contractor ever in the world? Come on bro lol

lilwizbiz

They don’t “miss” it technically. They just code it and don’t show up, which is just as bad.