Ground Folks: Reactions to Delivering Express

Gone fishin

It’s a test that is severely limited by the operation of separate delivery networks. It’s a proof of concept plan. The merge will make it much easier to truck a lot of Express freight. Why are you guys still so deeply in denial?
Not in denial , you’re in denial thinking this is doable. The 4z was a tiny part of our freight , you think we go out with 12 envelopes.
I delivered p1 till noon today with residential , then had to break for a pick , got off some p2 , broke for my reg sweep. Finished my p2 had to get 2 pickups for a rt.
It’s always chaotic on express

It will be fine

Not in denial , you’re in denial thinking this is doable. The 4z was a tiny part of our freight , you think we go out with 12 envelopes.
I delivered p1 till noon today with residential , then had to break for a pick , got off some p2 , broke for my reg sweep. Finished my p2 had to get 2 pickups for a rt.
It’s always chaotic on express
Just because you’re poorly managed doesn’t mean every transportation company is. Split your work between 4-5 trucks and those route breaks are much less impactful.

Gone fishin

Just because you’re poorly managed doesn’t mean every transportation company is. Split your work between 4-5 trucks and those route breaks are much less impactful.
Boy you really don’t have a clue , this happens everywhere , everyday to everyone. We all have commits through the day , with everyone scrambling. Cmon man

It will be fine

Boy you really don’t have a clue , this happens everywhere , everyday to everyone. We all have commits through the day , with everyone scrambling. Cmon man
Do you think you would scramble less with 4 other trucks covering your overall geography? If your route was 20% of the area you currently cover would it be easier to break off for a pickup?

Gone fishin

Do you think you would scramble less with 4 other trucks covering your overall geography? If your route was 20% of the area you currently cover would it be easier to break off for a pickup?
Sure , if you’re going to pay more drivers and more trucks for each area. Better get a line of credit for a 125 rt station

Gone fishin

I already have 4 trucks for every Express truck. I’ll probably have to add less than one truck per 4 if I got all the Express volume. It’s not a big lift.
Depends on city rt and rural. Not only do you need a truck but people to drive them. That’s 30 truck and 30 people. Keep in mind you’re going to need an entire pickup division also. No way your day drivers can handle the express pickups

fdxsux

Guy at our station said he talked with one of the Ground contractors today. The contractors are not happy with delivering Express freight. He said only one of seven contractors in the building has signed his contract so far. When asked what would happen if the contractors walk away he said Fedex would bring others in and pay them $5-6 a package to deliver instead of the $1 he gets.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It’s a test that is severely limited by the operation of separate delivery networks. It’s a proof of concept plan. The merge will make it much easier to truck a lot of Express freight. Why are you guys still so deeply in denial?
You Ground guys need to step up to the plate and prove yourselves first. You’re just blowing smoke up our asses ‘til then.

It will be fine

Depends on city rt and rural. Not only do you need a truck but people to drive them. That’s 30 truck and 30 people. Keep in mind you’re going to need an entire pickup division also. No way your day drivers can handle the express pickups
We already pickup 5 times the volume that Express does. You think the extra 2 envelopes will be too much to handle?

It will be fine

You don't do same day OnCall pickups with as little as 1 hour windows. Try again son....
Why do you think that would require double the trucks? We’ve already been over how much easier it is to make those with smaller geographic areas per truck. You do know a lot of Ground guys already get calls from unscheduled customers for pickups daily, right?

Gone fishin

Why do you think that would require double the trucks? We’ve already been over how much easier it is to make those with smaller geographic areas per truck. You do know a lot of Ground guys already get calls from unscheduled customers for pickups daily, right?
You do realize ground misses most of their pickups. That’s unacceptable at express. Plane leaves at 9, it won’t wait for you.

MAKAVELI

Look bro if it were that easy they'd be switching over the large metro stations already. It really doesn't matter what you think is easy because at this point you have no experience with all the services Express offers. Until then you're just pissing into the wind.

pkgdriver

Do they show up?