Ground grinchmas

vantexan

If a proposed special federal income tax surcharge say 5-10% over and above your total federal tax liability to be distributed to local law enforcement....would you agree to that? Yes or No?. No deflection...No side stepping....Flat out yes or no?
That's a power grab by those who want a centralized government. Let local government decide how best to allocate local tax funds for their particular circumstances. Not to mention the Federal government doesn't have the greatest track record for running anything.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If a proposed special federal income tax surcharge say 5-10% over and above your total federal tax liability to be distributed to local law enforcement....would you agree to that? Yes or No?. No deflection...No side stepping....Flat out yes or no?
Typical Dimocrats solution.

Mores taxes.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Trump spent like a drunken sailor and that’s okay? I mean if you’re gonna spend you need to pay for it. I could be wrong

First, let's get the facts straight: In just eight years, the Obama-Biden administration oversaw federal debt outstanding increase from $10.7 trillion (73.2 percent of GDP) to nearly $20 trillion (105.3 percent of GDP), a pace of more than 4 percent of GDP per year in annual deficits. Their debt increase was nearly equivalent to all the federal debt accumulated over the entire history of our country that preceded their administration.

Three years into Donald Trump's administration, just prior to the onset of the pandemic, the national debt stood at $23.2 trillion, equivalent to 106.9 percent of GDP. Because of the stronger economic growth America was then realizing, debt as a percentage of GDP was increasing at just 0.5 percent per year.”
Biden is dead wrong about the Trump tax cuts, spending and debt

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It would appear that some people cannot accept or refuse to accept the decision on the part of law enforcement to dedicate it's scarce resources to the apprehension and persecution of the most violent and egregious crimes. I'm sure that law enforcement would indeed pursue much more aggressively lesser crimes if they're given the money and manpower in sufficient amounts to do so. But when there's only so much money to go around you use it where it will do the most good.
We aren't talking about turning the whole force out to search the city for one guy who stole something from Target. We're talking about sending an officer to the store to arrest or cite the shoplifter that's already been detained by store security.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Of course not. That's beyond stupid. Are we to believe that the same people who defunded the cops are going to give them extra money via a new tax?