Ground grinchmas

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I knew this whole story was fishy. A guy who works with this courier said that the woman wouldn’t sign because she didn’t want to touch his LEO, thus him signing. Also, the package was relabeled in NY. She was standing there with him but omitted that fact as well as the sound on the camera. Bad story.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I knew this whole story was fishy. A guy who works with this courier said that the woman wouldn’t sign because she didn’t want to touch his LEO, thus him signing. Also, the package was relabeled in NY. She was standing there with him but omitted that fact as well as the sound on the camera. Bad story.
Media should be sued for not fully investigating, and defaming that courier.

!Retired!

No he relabeled astra onto a envelop the PlayStation astra and gave her the letter

Interesting so maybe stolen at station.. then he goes and delivers the letter astra of the PlayStation..not knowing the labels have been switched....the plot thickens

Hell they show the tracking number on TV, you can see when it was relabeled, and it wasn't by the delivery driver.
It appears that tracking number belongs to that letter. You can see the shipper is on Avenue U, Brooklyn. Tracking info shows picked up in Brooklyn
It's possible he scanned the box in the truck before going up to the house. It's also possible it wasn't him. We know what time the letter was delivered. We don't know if the PS5 says delivered at the same time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Over a certain amount, yes. Why do you ask?
All personal use weed in any quantity is, by federal law, illegal in California even though the feds don't prosecute it.

You say if it's codified, it's a crime. It's definitely codified. Other guy says that if it's codified, but no one bothers to prosecute it, it's legal. It's not prosecuted.

Sooooooo... are small quantities (10 grams, for example) of weed legal in California?

Last edited:

SmithBarney

It appears that tracking number belongs to that letter. You can see the shipper is on Avenue U, Brooklyn. Tracking info shows picked up in Brooklyn
It's possible he scanned the box in the truck before going up to the house. It's also possible it wasn't him. We know what time the letter was delivered. We don't know if the PS5 says delivered at the same time.
8:05 PM LAWRENCE, NYArrived at FedEx location
7:59 PM LAWRENCE, NYShipment exception Barcode label unreadable and replaced
6:07 PM LAWRENCE, NYPicked up

Looks like the pickup driver relabelled it right before returning to location... my money is on the pickup driver.

MAKAVELI

All personal use weed in any quantity is, by federal law, illegal in California even though the feds don't prosecute it.

You say if it's codified, it's a crime. It's definitely codified. Other guy says that if it's codified, but no one bothers to prosecute it, it's legal. It's not prosecuted.

Sooooooo... are small quantities (10 grams, for example) of weed legal in California?
Yes it's legal in California. If California law states it's legal in specific quantities then it's legal. The DEA isn't in the business of busting legal operations and legal personal use. Hope this helps....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Mak's pretzel logic can't comprehend the catch-22 he's in. Silence ensues.
It's amazing to watch.

ManInBrown claims that shoplifting less than $950 is legal in CA.
MAKA asks for proof of a law that says it's legal, as though the law books are full of "this isn't illegal, that isn't illegal," but regardless...
You point out that if they refuse to prosecute something, it's effectively legal.
MAKA says if it's codified, it's a crime.
When advised that it's illegal to have pot in CA, he says it's legal because... the feds refuse to prosecute it!

TA-DAAA!!!

bacha29

It's amazing to watch.

ManInBrown claims that shoplifting less than $950 is legal in CA.
MAKA asks for proof of a law that says it's legal, as though the law books are full of "this isn't illegal, that isn't illegal," but regardless...
You point out that if they refuse to prosecute something, it's effectively legal.
MAKA says if it's codified, it's a crime.
When advised that it's illegal to have pot in CA, he says it's legal because... the feds refuse to prosecute it!

TA-DAAA!!!
It would appear that some people cannot accept or refuse to accept the decision on the part of law enforcement to dedicate it's scarce resources to the apprehension and persecution of the most violent and egregious crimes. I'm sure that law enforcement would indeed pursue much more aggressively lesser crimes if they're given the money and manpower in sufficient amounts to do so. But when there's only so much money to go around you use it where it will do the most good.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm sure that law enforcement would indeed pursue much more aggressively lesser crimes if they're given the money and manpower in sufficient amounts to do so.
Me too, but idiot Democrats have been pushing to defund the police and we're seeing the results.

More police=less crime.
A basic concept Democrats struggle with.

vantexan

It would appear that some people cannot accept or refuse to accept the decision on the part of law enforcement to dedicate it's scarce resources to the apprehension and persecution of the most violent and egregious crimes. I'm sure that law enforcement would indeed pursue much more aggressively lesser crimes if they're given the money and manpower in sufficient amounts to do so. But when there's only so much money to go around you use it where it will do the most good.
You don't kneecap law enforcement by reducing budgets then claim they don't have the resources to pursue lesser crimes.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Passing laws without the means to enforce them is delusional.

Liberals are deluded.

!Retired!

8:05 PMLAWRENCE, NYArrived at FedEx location
7:59 PMLAWRENCE, NYShipment exception Barcode label unreadable and replaced
6:07 PMLAWRENCE, NYPicked up

Looks like the pickup driver relabelled it right before returning to location... my money is on the pickup driver.
That tracking info is for the tracking number on the letter. I'm betting the PS5 had a different tracking number

bacha29

Me too, but idiot Democrats have been pushing to defund the police and we're seeing the results.

More police=less crime.
A basic concept Democrats struggle with.
If a proposed special federal income tax surcharge say 5-10% over and above your total federal tax liability to be distributed to local law enforcement....would you agree to that? Yes or No?. No deflection...No side stepping....Flat out yes or no?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If a proposed special federal income tax surcharge say 5-10% over and above your total federal tax liability to be distributed to local law enforcement....would you agree to that? Yes or No?. No deflection...No side stepping....Flat out yes or no?
Absolutely not, my city funds our police.

I'm glad you people are suffering because of the terrible policies you support. You deserve it.

Whither

Scofflaw
That tracking info is for the tracking number on the letter. I'm betting the PS5 had a different tracking number
The news story doesn't make it clear but you can infer (the PS5 was "supposedly dropped off at the same time as the envelope") that the driver scanned 2 packages as delivered but only handed over the envelope. Who knows.