Ground packages going into drop boxes.

trapper

A clerk told me UPS now uses letter boxes for ground packages. I am a 22.2 employee, air combo driver, and get the lower air rate for the air part of my day. She told me she saw this in the Inside UPS magazine which I have already thrown away! Has anyone heard about this?

Overpaid Union Thug

A clerk told me UPS now uses letter boxes for ground packages. I am a 22.2 employee, air combo driver, and get the lower air rate for the air part of my day. She told me she saw this in the Inside UPS magazine which I have already thrown away! Has anyone heard about this?

People have always put ground packages in our drop boxes. You can code "07" in your board if you pick up any ground packages unless they are "ARS" packages.

trapper

That is what I was wondering. I had about 25 50 lb boxes left at one box in a loading area last week. Doesn't this change the job description a little? It really isn't an air job if UPS is allowing ground packages.

gamer282

Go Packers!
2 years ago I filed a grievance about 22.3 and air drivers picking up grounds or delivering grounds and the panel came back with full time drivers pay for all hours worked that day. since then we have 22.3 drivers that tell management every chance they get about it when asked to handle grounds. I still have the grievance posted on the Union Board in our center.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I think corporate has advertised it's ok for ground packages to be dropped in letter box's for two years now. We no longer have air drivers only. The article 22 drivers used to be air only but now they handle ground packages too at full rate. This happened when the ground packages went in the drop boxes. No more issues about air/ground product or pay rates.

trapper

About 1 1/2 years ago, UPS moved all of the 22.3 pm air/ noon day hub to am air. I am a 22.2 air combo driver. Me and 2 other people stayed pm air. UPS has threatened to move me to am air which I don't want to do. So far they haven't. My other hub part of the day doesn't want me to move either. This threat keeps me from filing for ground pay when I pick up grounds. Can UPS move me to am air?