El Correcto

god is dead
Repeal gun-free zones

98% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones or for progressives who will argue “gun restricted zones”. There seems to be a pattern to these mass shooter’s agenda. Attack soft targets where civilians are not armed, while seeking infamy provided by the media and public.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My question is why aren't parents taking responsibility for the safety of their children? Whether gun bans are the solution or not, nothing seems to be changing. So you roll the dice every day you shuffle your kids off to school and just hope they come home again? Yeah, just let the politicians solve the problem... some day.

El Correcto

god is dead
My question is why aren't parents taking responsibility for the safety of their children? Whether gun bans are the solution or not, nothing seems to be changing. So you roll the dice every day you shuffle your kids off to school and just hope they come home again? Yeah, just let the politicians solve the problem... some day.
Working class parents don’t have much choice but to send their child to a public school. As working class voters they have a say in whether their public schools are guarded or soft targets.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Working class parents don’t have much choice but to send their child to a public school. As working class voters they have a say in whether their public schools are guarded or soft targets.

I understand the sentiment, but I try to imagine what sacrifices I would be willing to make to keep my kids from becoming targets. The fact is that no one can keep their kids safe all the time without keeping them on complete lock down. If every household that could afford to keep their kids home from school did so, the disruption might actually be big enough to get some real solutions implemented. I think it would be a great idea to take volunteers from the faculty/staff and train them, with law enforcement oversight, to be authorized concealed carriers on campus.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
As opposed to what the left is doing?
Exactly.
One is no better than the other.
It's laid out in the Constitution.
The courts rule on the limitations.
Why play the games?

Yet people like the OP feel the need to throw out bogus claims like 98% of mass shootings happen in gun free zones lol. It's a lie. And he's an ignorant sucker.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
tenor.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I took it as an exaggeration rather than a statement of fact.
He got it straight from the article he linked to. Lott is a joke and a liar who has been profiting off tragedy for years. The guy pops up in the media every time there's a mass shooting. He's like an ambulance chaser.

El Correcto

god is dead
Just went back and read the article. The 98% claim is a link to a source. Too late tonight to research weather that source is reliable.
PolitiFact says it’s half true. So that means they can split hairs on the meaning of the word or something stupid. Pretty much truuuuu.