GVLA station closed in Alpharetta GA

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
IHME predicting 83,000 deaths based on the curve flattening. Glad you think that's an insignificant number of people.

It's got to be disheartening when you were salivating over the prediction that you could blame Trump for 2 million deaths. It's ok, go ahead and browbeat me over 83,000 as though it's my fault that too many people survived.

59 Dano

Which proves? Nothing. How about PDXR, Dano. Tell us.

What about it?

Funny how you always cited multiple contacts within your army of Express colleagues over something like moving a start time back 3 minutes at a small station in Podunk, SD, but when there's really something that supposed to be a big deal, you're begging me to tell you about it.

dmac1

It's got to be disheartening when you were salivating over the prediction that you could blame Trump for 2 million deaths. It's ok, go ahead and browbeat me over 83,000 as though it's my fault that too many people survived.

what timeframe??? 83,000 before we 'open things up" ??????

From the Wall St Journal- a pure liberal rag-

"The U.S. death toll from the new coronavirus rose sharply, with nearly 50% more people killed Tuesday than any previous day in the epidemic, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University.

Between 8 p.m. Monday and the same time Tuesday, 1,939 people in the U.S. died from Covid-19, the respiratory disease caused by the virus. The previous record was set Saturday, when 1,320 died."

1900 dead in 24 hours. How long before we hit 83,000, and we can call this over?????

TO READ THE FULL STORY

59 Dano

what timeframe??? 83,000 before we 'open things up" ??????

From the Wall St Journal- a pure liberal rag-

"The U.S. death toll from the new coronavirus rose sharply, with nearly 50% more people killed Tuesday than any previous day in the epidemic, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University.

Between 8 p.m. Monday and the same time Tuesday, 1,939 people in the U.S. died from Covid-19, the respiratory disease caused by the virus. The previous record was set Saturday, when 1,320 died."

1900 dead in 24 hours. How long before we hit 83,000, and we can call this over?????

I don't know, as the estimates were lowered AGAIN to 60,400. What's it like to be the guy who needs a bunch of people to die in order to save face?

dmac1

IHME predicting 83,000 deaths based on the curve flattening. Glad you think that's an insignificant number of people.
That is if shut downs continue through June, and is only the count through August 4th. Do you really think no one will die after August 4th from the disease???????

dmac1

I don't know, as the estimates were lowered AGAIN to 60,400. What's it like to be the guy who needs a bunch of people to die in order to save face?
That prediction is for deaths expected through August 4th if the open states close, and we stay closed until into June and if people continue to stay home. If we 'open up' earlier, or people get complacent, and the open states stay open, things could go right back to pandemic levels in another few weeks. Just remember- NONE of the closures are due to Trump. In fact, he actively advocated for 'opening things back up' by Easter.

59 Dano

That prediction is for deaths expected through August 4th if the open states close, and we stay closed until into June and if people continue to stay home. If we 'open up' earlier, or people get complacent, and the open states stay open, things could go right back to pandemic levels in another few weeks. Just remember- NONE of the closures are due to Trump. In fact, he actively advocated for 'opening things back up' by Easter.

Man, what's it like to need a flowchart to keep up with your own ridiculous reasoning? Two million deaths to 60,000, and you can't just say, "Hey, we misjudged it."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Man, what's it like to need a flowchart to keep up with your own ridiculous reasoning? Two million deaths to 60,000, and you can't just say, "Hey, we misjudged it."

You're minimizing it, just like Chump. is 83,000 acceptable? How about 70,000? Your lack of compassion is truly a concern.

Get help.

It will be fine

It’s hard to argue anyone is wrong in this situation. A few millions deaths was probably likely had we done nothing. Social distancing is working. We can’t say there won’t be a strong resurgence of deaths in the fall if cases spike again. People will probably be more reluctant to distance again by then thinking it was overblown this time. There’s too many factors to have much certainty.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It’s hard to argue anyone is wrong in this situation. A few millions deaths was probably likely had we done nothing. Social distancing is working. We can’t say there won’t be a strong resurgence of deaths in the fall if cases spike again. People will probably be more reluctant to distance again by then thinking it was overblown this time. There’s too many factors to have much certainty.
Did you just admit that Trump wasn’t wrong?

It will be fine

Did you just admit that Trump wasn’t wrong?
No, he was definitely wrong when he said we were at 15 cases and would soon drop to 0. That one day like a miracle it would be gone. That was wrong. The difference between 70k deaths and 2 millions is just a rounding error dependent on how effective mitigation is.

dmac1

You clearly rode the short bus. The two million was if nothing was done. Things were done- California shut down which alone is more than 10% of the country. It took the fear of two million dead to get any action at all. And if the entire country gets the virus and the death rate remains at 3%, 2 million would be a low estimate.

Also, do you really really think that if deaths reach 60,000 by August 4th, that we won't still maybe reach 200k in another year???? We are at almost fifteen thousand dead now, and another 10,000 per month for 4 more months with social isolation the ONLY proven way to slow it, and those on the right want to end closures 'very soon' as the orange man said.

59 Dano

It’s hard to argue anyone is wrong in this situation. A few millions deaths was probably likely had we done nothing. Social distancing is working.

It's easy to argue that predictions were wrong. They were exponentially wrong and it's impossible to excuse the disparity away.

59 Dano

You clearly rode the short bus. The two million was if nothing was done. Things were done- California shut down which alone is more than 10% of the country. It took the fear of two million dead to get any action at all. And if the entire country gets the virus and the death rate remains at 3%, 2 million would be a low estimate.
New York also shut down and they are getting absolutely hammered.

Also, do you really really think that if deaths reach 60,000 by August 4th, that we won't still maybe reach 200k in another year???? We are at almost fifteen thousand dead now, and another 10,000 per month for 4 more months with social isolation the ONLY proven way to slow it, and those on the right want to end closures 'very soon' as the orange man said.

You're silly. The 60,000 number is for the same timeline that was used for the 2 million numberj, and the 240,000 number, and the 200,000 number, and the 100,000 number, and the 90,000 number.

Why do you assume that there will be 10,000 deaths per month with social isolation? For someone who already looks like a fool because of reliance on assumptions, why do you keep relying on them?

It will be fine

It's easy to argue that predictions were wrong. They were exponentially wrong and it's impossible to excuse the disparity away.
Nope. That’s not how it works. Steps were taken to mitigate the outcomes. That’s why the predictions were worse than the current outcomes.

Working4the1%

Yes The USA healthcare system was way better than we thought. Many mayors and Governors took bold steps due to the lack of leadership in the oval office.

59 Dano

Nope. That’s not how it works. Steps were taken to mitigate the outcomes. That’s why the predictions were worse than the current outcomes.

Mitigation was figured into the predictions. It's one thing to be off by 20%. They were so far off the mark that the predictions aren't worth much.

59 Dano

Yes The USA healthcare system was way better than we thought. Many mayors and Governors took bold steps due to the lack of leadership in the oval office.

Let's hold it against the president that he didn't exercise authority that he doesn't have, then later on we can shift back into "he's such a dictator" mode.