GVLA station closed in Alpharetta GA

dmac1

My views change as available data changes. That’s what intelligent people do. Sorry this makes you upset.

Except it has been known since November and available to anyone who wants to post about it since November that covid19 is both deadlier and more contagious that the flu. The info is available to those willing to look for it, rather that just trusting their preferred media source. Posting that it is 'like the flu' anytime after late January is irresponsible when you can check before posting

dmac1

Just listing a station wouldn’t mean anything and it is very, very unlikely that anyone would try to obtain a user’s info.

The social media policy does allow for discipline and I would recommend people remain anonymous because there is risk. Saying truthful info about a positive case in a given city would not violate that.
Fedex had records in my file of my posts on an old fedex site(fedexaminer) and questioned me about them in a termination case

It will be fine

Except it has been known since November and available to anyone who wants to post about it since November that covid19 is both deadlier and more contagious that the flu. The info is available to those willing to look for it, rather that just trusting their preferred media source. Posting that it is 'like the flu' anytime after late January is irresponsible when you can check before posting
Meh, unless you are part of a vulnerable population the personal risks are probably equal to the flu. What I underestimated was the burden on the healthcare system.

dmac1

It can't "still" be a hoax to me if it never was a hoax to me. Are you confused again?

Not bad! There were supposed to be over 200,000. Credit to the Orange Man!

Except this will go on for years until a vaccine or treatment comes along, and Trump will only keep count for a month or so. We are at 12,000 deaths out of 380k confirmed case. Most of those have been in the last two weeks, with the counts still accelerating. Trump will simply quit counting at whatever point he thinks it is still an acceptable number. At 5000 deaths in the last week, with many areas still on the upswing in cases, it won't take long to hit 100k.

Some people just don't understand some really simple math concepts, like accelerating growth, or logarithmic growth. Some can't even understand that simply doubling something regularly starts to add up quickly.

dmac1

You can contact trace without a quarantine of the entire station. Shutting down the building for 14 days is unnecessary, in perfect lab conditions the virus can survive on surfaces for 3 days. Would all the volume of the station be serviced by other buildings? I know that wouldn’t be possible with Ground volume, not sure how light you guys are. If that’s not possible you would do more harm by failing to service the essential packages. I don’t think you thought this through.

You are very wrong. The virus has been PROVEN to be viable on surfaces for up to 27 days on surfaces based on latest info compiled by the CDC, and people can be contagious without EVER showing symptoms for almost as long.

And even so called experts are proving themselves to be idiots and repeat stupid stuff. Dr Faucci said that infected people could be spreading the virus and a mask would help slow the spread, but that a mask wouldn't help the uninfected avoid getting infected. If a mask can help while an infected person is exhaling the virus, why can't a similar mask prevent it from being inhaled???? Just proves that sometimes even experts have too little common sense and say stupid stuff.

dmac1

You can contact trace without a quarantine of the entire station. Shutting down the building for 14 days is unnecessary, in perfect lab conditions the virus can survive on surfaces for 3 days. Would all the volume of the station be serviced by other buildings? I know that wouldn’t be possible with Ground volume, not sure how light you guys are. If that’s not possible you would do more harm by failing to service the essential packages. I don’t think you thought this through.

It was about a month ago that they found living virus on surfaces in the cruise ship that was shut down 17 days earlier. That was NOT in perfect lab conditions. It is hard to tell if someone is just ignorant of the facts or intentionally spreading false info.

It will be fine

It was about a month ago that they found living virus on surfaces in the cruise ship that was shut down 17 days earlier. That was NOT in perfect lab conditions. It is hard to tell if someone is just ignorant of the facts or intentionally spreading false info.
And what was the viral load that they found? Enough to actually cause an infection? You sound hysterical.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fedex had records in my file of my posts on an old fedex site(fedexaminer) and questioned me about them in a termination case

Really. I used to post there too. So did vantexan. And Dano says they "don't monitor social media". My file must be pretty big.

Here's a question. How did they know it was you on FedExaminer unless you directly identified yourself? I'm assuming you had a username and not your real name.

I know that FedEx has trolls that go on various sites to deflect criticism(s) of poor service, damaged/missing packages etc.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Except this will go on for years until a vaccine or treatment comes along, and Trump will only keep count for a month or so. We are at 12,000 deaths out of 380k confirmed case. Most of those have been in the last two weeks, with the counts still accelerating. Trump will simply quit counting at whatever point he thinks it is still an acceptable number. At 5000 deaths in the last week, with many areas still on the upswing in cases, it won't take long to hit 100k.

Some people just don't understand some really simple math concepts, like accelerating growth, or logarithmic growth. Some can't even understand that simply doubling something regularly starts to add up quickly.

Some people see the need for others to be perpetually worried. Your mind is made up. If the body count isn't high enough to suit you and the other doomsayers, you'll just say that they aren't counting it properly.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Really. I used to post there too. So did vantexan. And Dano says they "don't monitor social media".

Never said any such thing. But if you want to know the truth, some of them read this forum and laugh their butts off.

I know that FedEx has trolls that go on various sites to deflect criticism(s) of poor service, damaged/missing packages etc.

But of course you know this.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Just heard, one of our biggest stations just closed, because of the Coronavirus (GVLA).

There is also a courier waiting for results at the NCQA (Marietta, GA)
He handled some luggage from CA, that sat in a warehouse exposed to RTD's,
dock workers and management.

FedEx hasn't issued one press release, memo, carrier penguin, NOTHING.

We are all scrambling, trying to remember if we've been in contact, with anyone from these stations. Did I walk by the luggage?

Doesn't matter. I'm done. I don't trust management, my life is more important. Time to retire.

Y'all be safe and put your family first.
I’d rather die for my country than my company! Management always bends the truth.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To the surprise of no one.

Why do you assume that they are contracting this at work?

Nobody can determine where it is contracted, but, it makes sense to have proper PPE available and in-use at company locations, where people gather at close proximity and cannot practice social distancing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Never said any such thing. But if you want to know the truth, some of them read this forum and laugh their butts off.

But of course you know this.

I'm sure they laugh, because in the echo chamber of management you're all on the same page.

Are you denying FedEx has people out there spreading the manure on various sites? If somebody posts that FedEx lost their package or complains about some other aspect of the company, there is always a corporate-type response from "someone" defending FedEx.

These responses read like one of your posts...deflection, obfuscation, and/or denial.

Any comments on PDX or PDXR?

dmac1

Really. I used to post there too. So did vantexan. And Dano says they "don't monitor social media". My file must be pretty big.

Here's a question. How did they know it was you on FedExaminer unless you directly identified yourself? I'm assuming you had a username and not your real name.

It was a small station and I didn't care, but I didn't give any directly identifying info, but the point is that they do monitor, so if you don't want to be identified, be careful.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It was a small station and I didn't care, but I didn't give any directly identifying info, but the point is that they do monitor, so if you don't want to be identified, be careful.

Yep. Dano will deny it, but it's obvious they monitor.

dmac1

And what was the viral load that they found? Enough to actually cause an infection? You sound hysterical.

You said it was only possible to live for 3 days and now you want to say "well, it's about the viral load" while technically one single virus is capable of causing the disease. Deflect when proven wrong, and blame Obama.

dmac1

Some people see the need for others to be perpetually worried. Your mind is made up. If the body count isn't high enough to suit you and the other doomsayers, you'll just say that they aren't counting it properly.

And people like you will say that 4000 deaths in the last three days is insignificant.

dmac1

Fedex actually had people who worked for them go on and post positive info and contradict anything negative. They were called 'ambassadors' and I don't know if they were paid bonuses for it, or just got brownie points. To me, it seems like some of the most prolific posters here do the same. Just look at Trump for examples of brown-nosing- there are always those willing to say or do anything to get their noses and in some cases their entire head a nice deep brown shade. He gets people nodding their heads in agreement and telling us how they like to get on their knees for him no matter how stupid whatever he just said is.

It will be fine

You said it was only possible to live for 3 days and now you want to say "well, it's about the viral load" while technically one single virus is capable of causing the disease. Deflect when proven wrong, and blame Obama.
I was asking you a question since you claim to have a better understanding than Dr. Fauci. I guess this is a gap in your vast knowledge.