Had the option to resign or be fired. I resigned. Ups is telling employers I was forced to resign.

itsyaboi

My current manager just told me she called my old supervisors supervisor. And he told her that I was forced to quit, or I would've been fired. HR told me that if future employers called it would just look as tho I resigned.
Ups cant tell employers why i was fired right, or that i even was fired? Especially if i signed and HR signed that I resigned for personal reasons?
This isn't going to get me fired from my current job, but I don't want it to effect things far in the future. Is there anything I can do?

Brisket

My current manager just told me she called my old supervisors supervisor. And he told her that I was forced to quit, or I would've been fired. HR told me that if future employers called it would just look as tho I resigned.
Ups cant tell employers why i was fired right, or that i even was fired? Especially if i signed and HR signed that I resigned for personal reasons?
This isn't going to get me fired from my current job, but I don't want it to effect things far in the future. Is there anything I can do?

Have you checked employment law in your state?

Last edited:

upschuck

Usually they refer everyone to The Work Number, and they tell people your dates of employment. They got to a sup who did not know the rules, or didn't care.

Observer

Technically they can only tell your dates of employment. When people press- they can only tell them the company has a no rehire policy - when we all know they do as some people get rehired back. A lot of big companies have a no rehire policy.

itsyaboi

Have you checked employment law in your state?
I live in kentucky. I'm not even sure what to search for something like this.

Depends, what did you do to be fired from UPS?
Would the reason actually matter in this case? Or are you just curious on why I got fired.
I don't really want to say because I'm embarrassed, but I didn't damage any property or hurt anyone, no threats or weapons, no sexual assault stuff, and I didn't get fired for attendance issues.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Would the reason actually matter in this case? Or are you just curious on why I got fired.
I don't really want to say because I'm embarrassed, but I didn't damage any property or hurt anyone, no threats or weapons, no sexual assault stuff, and I didn't get fired for attendance issues.
So a substance abuse problem, got it.

Johney

If you resigned how could they tell anyone you were fired???? You weren't fired. You resigned. Unbelievable.

El Correcto

god is dead
Get an attorney.