Halloween Safety and Security Failure

wornoutupser

Our buildng did not add any runs at all to allow drivers to duck the heavy Trick or Treat neighborhoods this year. No PCM was given.

Another failure was not having the drivers cut off DR after 3:00 PM at the front door to prevent package theft. Again, no messages on this matter were sent out.

I hope nothing bad (AND PREVENTABLE) happened last night. Did any other ceners have any preventative measures?

30andout

Our buildng did not add any runs at all to allow drivers to duck the heavy Trick or Treat neighborhoods this year. No PCM was given.

Another failure was not having the drivers cut off DR after 3:00 PM at the front door to prevent package theft. Again, no messages on this matter were sent out.

I hope nothing bad (AND PREVENTABLE) happened last night. Did any other ceners have any preventative measures?
Everything is preventable, its ALWAYS the drivers fault.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
First of all since it isnt a sacred holiday...for safety sake and for the purpose of alloing more parents to be able to go with their kids, why the heck they dont do it on a weekend. Ill never understand that.
Second I cannot believe with the emphasis of safety at UPS, why they dont try to get us off the road ONE DAY, especially with the time change, and its dark, before the ghosts and goblins begin their trek.
I didnt leave alot of deliveries for the reason stated, and I heard about it all.........day...........long. Duh. Lets see no one is home, Ill just stick this in my bag. I ran my a** off to not be out in my neighborhood at trick or treat time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Halloween wasnt even mentioned here. Everyone out late. Lots of over 9.5s or later. Many people skipped lunch and ran all day to avoid trick or treaters. I didn't and payed for it. What I really love is when all the kids and their parents (who are supposed to be protecting their kids) are walking side by side spread across the streets and then look at us like we are crazy for driving through. Of course at first they play dumb and ignore you for at least a minute before they let you through. I mean why not? How dare UPS, or anyone else, drive during trick or treat hours?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toonertoo-does ups still indirect those pkgs?
I am not sure what you mean..I just ni1 them. I had about 15 I usually have three or four. I told them why, they should have known, I didnt hear anything about it, after all its driver discretion.
I dont try to indirect here, the house next door is usually burnt or vacant. If someone offers, I let them but I do not go door to door asking, if thats what you mean.
I also couldnt deliver the school at 230 as the road is roadblocked at dismissal because of shootings. And I told them when I did it. There is only one door ever unlocked and after dismissal it is locked, so they got them today. What else can you do? I knew I would have many follow ups if I left at FD, and here most houses I dont go to the back.