Halloween tomorrow

over9five

Staff member
Been very few times I've gotten home early enough to trick or treat with my kids (they're too old now!).
But I always get a kick out of walking up to a house with a bunch of kids (while delivering), and yelling 'Trick or treat' with them!
Always get a bunch of candy!

Lets be careful out there tomorrow night!

DS

Fenderbender
upsgirl,he doesn`t get home early enough to pass out candy.
do you have ulterior motives for your obsession with ups?

wannabeups

double_standard said:
upsgirl,he doesn`t get home early enough to pass out candy.
do you have ulterior motives for your obsession with ups?

If you think I am upsgirl, you must be on crack. I may be niave but I am certainly not female.

The reason I asked is because if you pass out good candy, like "Snickers", "Hershey Bars," etc. Kid will come back to your house more than once. I know for a fact, they do.

I just play along with them, and give them more candy.

Also kids will talk amongst themselves and will hit a house more than once if they are giving out candy that they really like.

moreluck

golden ticket member
yeah, we used to always go for the houses that were giving out full-size candy bars and none of that mini stuff.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Brett, I noticed yesterday that rep power thing was fixed, now its giving newbies ditinguished status again.

over9five

Staff member
Anyhow, I didn't get to trick or treat out on my route tonight. The management team let us hit the road 1/2 an hour early today, and if not for a 2 day misload for the next town, I might have been in before dark!

Hope all had a safe day!

over9five

Staff member
Blah... Anyone else eat too much candy today? It's everywhere...every office...every front desk.....every house-call....

moreluck

golden ticket member
we live in a senile....er, I mean senior community. No trick or treaters. I was glad I didn't have to look at all that tempting candy.

traveler

Where next? Venice
We only had about 25 "trick or treaters", so there is plenty of Reeses peanut butter cups and M & M's left. If you come over, you can have the M & M's but stay away from the Reeses! (We were ready for about 60 kids)

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Glad every one made it in OK. 6 years ago one of our drivers, Rhonda, had a block thrown through the windshield of the UPS truck from an interstate overpass. Lucky it hit on the passenger side and she was just shaken. It could have very well killed her. Never have caught the idiots that dropped it.

Will be coming to Fla this christmas season. Gonna take the kids and wife on a cruise. First time it works out since I now can get off the week before christmas for the first time in 33 years.

d

over9five

Staff member
We don't get any. Too deep in the woods.
When my kids were younger, we'd....(well, my wife) would take them to Grandmas, so they could trick or treat.
Good thing was, Grandmas is close to UPS, so a couple years I got there in time to go out with them.