Hammered with overtime?

Trp what local are you in? Down here in Local 988 9.5 grievances are getting paid no problem.We had the same thing happen last year with the grievances getting sent back from the National Committee, but now they are being settled locally.
Local 705. The ones I filed before last peek are on the way back to National for the third time. The first two runs went to National and they sent them back with instructions to handle the issue locally, but the company so far won't give. The BA said they will be heard again this June. What integrity our company demonstrates.

Overtime is Overtime...nothing has changed...it was the same thing 35 years ago. Drivers always complained including me but, lets put a twist on this. If you had no overtime how would that affect your lifestyle economically. How many things would you not be able to afford anymore. Just asking.

Overtime is Overtime...nothing has changed...it was the same thing 35 years ago. Drivers always complained including me but, lets put a twist on this. If you had no overtime how would that affect your lifestyle economically. How many things would you not be able to afford anymore. Just asking.
the only difference would be how much I can save of my check each week.

beentheredonethat

Local 705. The ones I filed before last peek are on the way back to National for the third time. The first two runs went to National and they sent them back with instructions to handle the issue locally, but the company so far won't give. The BA said they will be heard again this June. What integrity our company demonstrates.

So let me get this straight, if neither the Teamsters nor the company give in. Then the company doesn't have integrity. I don't know all the details of your grievance, and you very well may have a valid point. But, I think it's funny that people say the company has no integrity when it doesn't change course, doesn't back down, keeps saying the same thing over and over. To me, a company that does back down, a company that says one thing then changes their mind, is the one with no integrity.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It would affect me only minimally. Not go out to eat as much. Spend less on the yard.

raceanoncr

If you don't like it why don't you all quit? There are plenty of people that would take your job and not endlessly whine about it.

(Sniff, sniff) I'm sorry. You're right. I forgot about the plenty of people that would take my job and all the starving kids in China too. (Sniff, sniff). I'll quit whining, I promise, MOM!

So let me get this straight, if neither the Teamsters nor the company give in. Then the company doesn't have integrity. I don't know all the details of your grievance, and you very well may have a valid point. But, I think it's funny that people say the company has no integrity when it doesn't change course, doesn't back down, keeps saying the same thing over and over. To me, a company that does back down, a company that says one thing then changes their mind, is the one with no integrity.
You tell me, what would you call it if you made a deal with me, signed your name to the agreement and then proceeded to violate that agreement? Instead of doing as you agreed, you choose to make up new rules as you go along to avoid your part, even though I have pointed out to you in writing that you are not doing as promised.

What would you call it if I refused to pay you an amount of money that we both agreed that I owed you?

slantnosechevy

You tell me, what would you call it if you made a deal with me, signed your name to the agreement and then proceeded to violate that agreement? Instead of doing as you agreed, you choose to make up new rules as you go along to avoid your part, even though I have pointed out to you in writing that you are not doing as promised.

What would you call it if I refused to pay you an amount of money that we both agreed that I owed you?

Well said. I had a discussion with a Mngr. about integrity a few years back. All I asked was why is it ok for the company to lie to drivers on a daily basis but a dischargable offense when a driver lies to you. He said,"that's just business. We do it to better the company." He was fired for insubordination a couple years later. 6 months after that he went to jail for stealing a womans purse. I guess the company does have some integrity.

UPSNewbie

Or a way to get out of doing your job because you are a lazy "whatchamacallit"?

So you're saying that the company not following the contract they agreed on is OK?

I somehow doubt that you could do half the job those drivers do.

[sarcasm]Yep. Working 10 hours every day = lazy.[/sarcasm]

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
So you're saying that the company not following the contract they agreed on is OK?

I somehow doubt that you could do half the job those drivers do.

[sarcasm]Yep. Working 10 hours every day = lazy.[/sarcasm][/QUOTE]
That is great. I wonder if Cheryl can put this on the task bar (sarcasm quote). LOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...and that is one of the reasons are country is in the state it is now, people living beyond their means. I live based on a 40 hour work week and any overtime I get is gravy.

...and that is one of the reasons are country is in the state it is now, people living beyond their means. I live based on a 40 hour work week and any overtime I get is gravy.

don't do it....but I gotta do it....I'm telling you don't do it.....but I gotta....well ok...
Hey UpState, don't you mean...and that is one of the reasons OUR country is in the state it is now,...?

hehehe..I did it....

over9five

Staff member
don't do it....but I gotta do it....I'm telling you don't do it.....but I gotta....well ok...
Hey UpState, don't you mean...and that is one of the reasons OUR country is in the state it is now,...?

hehehe..I did it....

Wow Upstate, get some sleep, man!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

M/M Dilli-Tex, you got me.

Over, I meant to ask you. I wandered over to Package Smashers and it's like you are Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. Mr. Hyde here on BC and Dr. Jeckyl over there. Are those posts really from you?

Jones--glad I could help you out with your new signature.

partykid

If you don't like it why don't you all quit? There are plenty of people that would take your job and not endlessly whine about it.
I laugh when i hear people say things like this!!! Even more when there are people that say i'll will do your job for half the pay you get...again i laugh!! I would LOVE to see these people that want our job "for less pay" when its 100 degrees outside and its 200 in the back of our truck on an all day Business Route! No dr's 65 Pick up's

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Over, I meant to ask you. I wandered over to Package Smashers and it's like you are Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. Mr. Hyde here on BC and Dr. Jeckyl over there. Are those posts really from you?
Better not be Ovah as he is a MOD.
Cheryl makes all MODs sign a form that we will not associate with the competition or post on their sites.
I refused to sign but she put it in my file.
Say it isn't so Ovah!

SKAGITDRIVER

lets see I started in 85 we worked overtime sure but not in these quanities xmas valentines day mothers day you expected it but I also got done in 8 hours many many times less money sure more time with my family you bet family time is more important than exotic vacations or import cars to me anyways

SKAGITDRIVER

As for people that want our jobs i used to see them come in at xmas and die like a rat doing half days or 3/4 days at best and when told what a normal day was said impossible most who lasted through peak said never again